Array
    Status
    Atlanta
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Unhappy G54B Broken Rocker Arm killing me

I broke an intake rocker arm. No one has it locally. None of the big on-line stores or local stores sell it. They only have exhaust side. Original motor and jet valve set up. I was thinking I could buy 4 exhaust rocker arms off Ebay and save the hassle of buying a jet-valve elimination kit and/or breaking the ears off the intake arms. Is this possible? If not, does anyone have an intake rocker arm for this motor. Dodge Part# md072116. Mitsubishi number is the same. I found some rocker arms with part # MD023226 but cannot find a cross reference to see if they are actually the right exhaust rocker arm. If someone has better ideas please let me know. Also need a source to buy replacement rocker arm lifters since I am in there. Need 8

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Lifters are easy to come by - rockauto or ebay. for intake rockers, there is another post on the forum about where he found them. I only have mechanical rocker lying around currently.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I know for a fact Napa online has the intake rockers (or did as of July). Look em up on there, order, and have shipped to yer local store. Only bugger is, Napa uses their own parts numbers for a ton of things, AND their website is a nightmare to navigate. You can simply buy the non-jet rockers, poor man's way of eliminating jets. Still subject to cracking, though.

Good luck! Wish I had my roller rockers already, I'd send you all 4 of my intakes...

Edit: Yes, they had the Hydro rockers. Mechanical, as well.
    Last edited by Acuta73; 01-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Array
    Status
    Atlanta
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Cool Relief

Found a Mitsubishi dealer in Texas for the rocker arm. Talked to randy at starquest.com
    and he hooked me up with the lifters and eliminator kit. Had water pump and timing chain replaced a couple thousand miles ago. Hopefully everything will go back without a hitch.