Status
    La Puente, CA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Hello from CA - newbie - 94 Mighty Max

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and have registered because my truck needs work. A good friend just gifted me his favorite truck, a 94 mighty max. According to my friend the auto trans was rebuilt along with some suspension and rear axle. However, the max is burning oil (no big deal) and it didn't pass smog (i'm in CA). Smog results said something about OBD so i used a voltmeter and got a Code 11 (thanks youtube). Now i need to search the forum on a few things to see if i can fix this myself or if i should get it to a trusty mechanic. Wish me luck

Abe

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Best regards & welcome here Abe T

Guys here have the answers, you'll be up and running soon... I just have a truck that I'm not driving much these covid19 days & I got no garage to tinker with it... Staying safe at Home

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Primary cause of oil consumption is bad valve stem seals. These will also affect your smog test results but seeming it is also throwing an error code 11 - bad O2 sensor. That will definitely end your chances of passing smog if the O2 is non functioning. An easy fix
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function