Status
    Bothwell,Ontario
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Lash Adjuster

I'm rebuilding a head with 200,000 km.

Should I be replacing the lash adjusters? Do they go bad?

I'm replacing the valve springs for sure.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If you've had valve train noise and it never went away even after performing and engine oil flush then I would be thinking about replacing them. When you strip the head down try soaking the lash adjusters in diesel fuel and actuating them by hand to really clean them out (an ultrasonic clean would be the best). It is a PITA but if they won't shut up after installing them and getting it up to oil pressure, replace the lot.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Bothwell,Ontario
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yep... they are noisey.. I never really thought that it could be the adjusters.

I suppose they would collapse and open up the lash... that would also limit the lift too since the lash is too large

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've long had the opinion that HLA's will cost power once they stop fully expanding from lack of engine servicing and/or oil pressure drop. It does 2 things - reduces lift which means loss of A/F charge capacity + increased valvetrain stress from whaling on the valves and constant impact on the rockers and the HLA's themselves. A few members who have done my oil flush noticed an improvement of power and the majority of the noise had dissipated. Hopefully soaking the HLA's will break all the crap out of them and get them actuating properly.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Bothwell,Ontario
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    any idea if i can put my 2.4 valve train on my 2.0 so I will have rockers without the provision for the air jets.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Can1991Ram View Post
    any idea if i can put my 2.4 valve train on my 2.0 so I will have rockers without the provision for the air jets.
    All you do is cut off the little arm or just remove the adjuster. It doesn't hurt anything just leaving the arm on once you eliminate the valve.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    cut the arm, take the adjuster sccrew out, or replace with a jet valve plug. to directly answer your question, maybe. its same engine family. unless youre talking 2.4 to previous 2.0. in that case use 2.6 rockers.