Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

chrysler EGH swap

i have a free 3.3L V6, i know where i can get a used NSG 370 refurbished for 1000 that fits a 3.3/3.8 comes with clutch thouhg im gonna replace that anyways.

my question is what all do i need to do to swap an EGH V6 into a powr ram 50? i am using the speedhut gauges i bought recently, i am making a custom dash. i am making a 'sport II' moniker with all the exterior badges and red accents and all that good stuff.

i am expanding my fuel cell. well actually replacing it with a 37 gallon unit out of a 2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with the 8.1L V8. that tank is long and big and has a built in pump that i am using. i have yet to figure out how to mount it... LOL!

i want it to look as FACTORY AS POSSIBLE that means air box, catalytic converters, o2 sensors, and the factory muffler modified to 2-1/4 exhaust. or maybe ill use the caravan muffler, idk yet.

i am considering a 2500 shock conversion.

i am gonna mock up some emissions decals do go under the hood, the tire size decals, and all that. i may mock up a little 'non catalyst' decal to give myself an excuse to put a decent exhaust system on it.

im gonna run a triple row mustang radiator modified to fit the mounting positions in the truck, IF POSSIBLE. if not ill either run the caravan radiator or i will use the factory aluminum win row. i would like a triple row with dual electric fans though.

also i am gonna run a 180 thermostat or maybe a 195 thermostat, i want some heat when i am driving in the winter.

otherwise i am really clueless to actually swapping an EGH in there. i want a factory look. i know how to swap an engine in, i just dont know how this will pan out and how i can make my life a bit easier.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i meant to say a 2500 axle converion with the solid control arms and coil springs, instead of the leaf springs used in the factory setup

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i am gonna go the non catalyst route and try out different mufflers and see which one is better, im leaning towards a modified factory muffler for the truck.