Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Glad to be here!! CA '79 Dodge D-50

Just bought a new 79 dodge d50, glad that there's a resource, as I'm just popping my mechanical cherry. This will be my first venture into auto work. "The Skunk" is a 79 dodge d50 with 70,000 miles. Runs like a champ. I just gave her some new bushings & ball joints, and a simple tune up. Everything is running smoothly so far. Probably the neatest vehicle I've owned!Screenshot_20200407-134459_Chrome.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Your truck looks like it's a D50 Sport. It has the colour scheme and the wheels. If those are genuine miles, that truck has hardly done any work in nearly 40 years! These trucks will outlast the apocalypse if they're serviced and checked regularly (and rust hasn't found it's way through everything) It looks like you've found the recommended maintenance thread - this is a really helpful thread for new-to-Mitsubishi truck owners.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome to the club!

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks! Yes it's a sport, and thanks for the welcome guys. I've noticed some cracked hoses, so that's a job coming up, I zip tied & hose clamped em for now. I drove her to work today no problem.

1st ?, where can I get all of the different sized hoses? I will want to replace all of them.

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks! Yes it's a sport, and thanks for the welcome guys. I've noticed some cracked hoses, so that's a job coming up, I zip tied & hose clamped em for now. I drove her to work today no problem.

1st ?, where can I get all of the different sized hoses? I will want to replace all of them.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You just made me a jealousEnviousSalad dude..!
    God Blessed You

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    My recommendation is to look at the different hoses off the shelf at the local auto parts store and make something work. I used a hose from an 88 Nissan Pulsar and cut it down for the heater return and a random double elbow from the bypass pipe to the inlet manifold plenum base. Trying to find the specific heater hoses for a Gen 1 will prove to be a challenge. Radiator hoses shouldn't be a big deal - pretty sure they share radiator hoses with same vintage vans. Don't forget the carb auto choke hoses as well (these are off the roll diameter hose you can cut to fit)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I'm new too, and already i've asked some questions on here and gotten some answers on my '86. your truck is pretty.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hello Kelly, got any photos of your truck..?

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Haha only the people here on this forum, people in my neighborhood dont know what the hell to think of the truck. I really dont care, I'm in love with the damn thing. I've got big plans for it.

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Tha is geezer101, I'll look into that! Yes tha carb hoses are the main ones that'll need replacing real soon here.

Array
    Status
    Lewiston Idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the group!
    These trucks are rare, and even more rare in that condition! Congrats on finding the needle in the haystack!

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    go ahed and do a weber 38/38 conversion, its way simpler and more free flowing than the factory mikuni. but dont get a holley fuel pump, they are noisy and unreliable. upgrade to electric fuel pump when you do the swap.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehairysalad View Post
    Tha is geezer101, I'll look into that! Yes tha carb hoses are the main ones that'll need replacing real soon here.
    Be careful removing them. The barb on the heater/T piece can rust out and snap off. I've also had a badly rotted barb on the carb throttle plate/base snap off as well.

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanx! The 38/38 conversion will be next on my list. I just blew out the radiator after a 2 hour drive, so that's gonna be a priority. A mechanic went and rebuilt the carb in the process of me purchasing it, so it should be decent for a while. I've been planning a huge de rusting job very soon here as well.