Thread: Mitsubishi mighty max steering wheel options?

Array
    Status
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Mitsubishi mighty max steering wheel options?

Hey guys I just purchased a 1994 Mitsubishi mighty max and everything is running well it just has a messed up steering wheel and I was wondering what are the some good options for a replacement?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Got to answer your question with a question - OEM alternative or aftermarket? Guys use the Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel occasionally to keep the Mitsubishi DNA (looks decent and still maintains a factory-ish appearance) As for aftermarket there are plenty. Do yourself a favour and stay away from bargain basement wheels and steering hubs/bosses. A cheap MOMO knock off wheel for $20 will buckle with moderate pressure and the urethane grip will barely be anchored to the wheel rim and twist around in your hand. Most of the cheap bosses that claim to fit Mitsubishi and a few other cars will disable the horn function and not bolt down to the steering shaft correctly.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you for the response! I think that I am looking for an aftermarket steering wheel so I was wondering what are the best options for that? also i dont mind spending money on it because i purchased the truck for all of one dollar. thank you again!

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Grant has the proper hub and ton's of nice steering wheels. http://www.grantproducts.com/

Array
    Status
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I think I am going to get this steering wheel http://www.grantproducts.com/products/view/932/ and it says to use the 3390 installation kit. is there anything else im going to need?