Array
    Status
    Keizer Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

1985 mighty max suspension

Okay i have looked for a few months now for suspension for my max. I'm looking for a drop spindal for our trucks or if anyone knows if we can easily swap over to another spindal that will work. the 2.5 spring is not cutting it i need a 3 to 4 inch drop in the front since ill be doing a 4 link in the rear end. my plan is to auto cross the truck and it has to much body roll from the suspension i have now. Im also working on the 2nd 4g63 swap to the truck changing up a lot of things. so that is where im at please help if you can because i dont want to run on cut springs with limiting straps.

Array
    Status
    Keizer Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    20190704_204833.jpgpicture of how it sits now

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    What about a coil over swap? I've looked at Mustang II front coil overs and to me it looks do-able. I think guys have used C10 (?) coil overs on Mitsu/Dodge minis and it will ride nicer than bump stops. The coil overs should be the ticket for autocross but it will obviously take some fab work to install them. Swap your front steering hub assemblies with Gen 2's and you can have vented discs with improved brake calipers - nut and bolt swap
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    performance shocks, spring rates and sway bars gonna fix body roll, no ?
    if you can 4 link, you prolly could adapt 2nd gen front suspension + drop spindles
    have you checked all throught the forums ? A few low & slammed 1st gens, even bagged

truck has a 4g63 dohc currently ? Post some more pix and build notes

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The spring rates are already firm from factory as it's meant to be a work horse, but on a Gen 1 they'll be freaking tired (they are 35+ years old...) The front bar seems capable but it needs a rear bar to make the turn response more neutral or even a touch of oversteer for track/autocross use. Check the diameter of your existing front bar and compare it to a Gen 2 stabiliser - if the Gen 2 looks thicker, swap it (nut and bolt swap with all the hardware) The 2.5" drop up front is ideal to correct front camber but cut springs are junk + you do need to trim the bump stops to limit it bottoming out. An LSD swap will help too. Most of this stuff is all JY hunting...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    2" drop spindles are still around. they are the same for first and sec gen so you can upgrade to sec gen front brakes.https://www.airbagit.com/spindles-st...spi-do79xx.htm Also Beltech still makes a 2.5" drop coil.https://www.carid.com/belltech/front...5&url=17698116

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    but cut springs are junk
    I wouldn't call em that as I've seen many get the job done. Heated springs I'd call junk
    Cutting only increases the spring rate after all
    Tired old springs lose some rate, but still retains elasticity

Without r&d of an aftermarket outfit, trial and error works sometimes
    My AE86 best result ran cut oem rear coils up front. Worked perfectly with the slightly stiffer valved cartridge
    No good for the consideably heavier later swapped 2.0 turbo mitsu powertrain tho, but..... cut oem fronts did
    One AE86 detailed his 'competition' setup on the homepage - cut front oe fr coils/koni + one coil trimmed aftermarket rear/bilstein = trophies lol
    Many variables at play, to employ in pursuit of that final result..... like rear coils/shocks needed here for the custom 4-link