Thread: Rough Idling and dies when weather gets cold

Threaded View

Array
    Status
    Modesto to Fresno CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max

Rough Idling and dies when weather gets cold

I just registered (newbee) I'm having problems with my first 1989 mitsubishi mightmax and also my first time ever working on a carburetor vehicle. I seafoam it, marvel mystery the gas tank, put Rislone in the engine to keep the infamous ticking low, Set the timing,new cap,rotor, intake manifold gasket, fuel pump spacer, wires,sparkplugs, and oil change. The truck still idle rough and dies when it gets cold in the afternoon. I also check for vacuum leaks but can't seem to find any.
    Does anybody know the stock setting on the fast idle screw,SAS(all 3), air/fuel mixture screw and the throttle opener screw? I want to set it back to normal factory setting then start tunning it from there. The truck came with no air filter and a modified fuel pump that's wired to the fuse box.
    When I installed the Intake manifold gasket i broke one of the nipple off of the thermovalve, which is the very top one off of the 3 that lines up together, but i glued it back. I check the pvc and it's sucking air to the intake manifold. I cleaned the egr and check the vaccum suction on it ; everything is working.
    I'm really trying to avoid a carb rebuild. Any help or suggestion will be appreciate it. Thanks for your time in advance.
    Attached Images