Thread: 1990 Dodge Ram 50 w/ i4, Manual, Power Steering, and AC V-Belt diagrams/Pictures

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63

1990 Dodge Ram 50 w/ i4, Manual, Power Steering, and AC V-Belt diagrams/Pictures

I got a 1990 Ram 50 out of the junkyard. It had been their shop truck until it sat, and they had done a bit of ghetto rigging to keep it moving. When I got it it had no belts running to the AC compressor. I am trying to figure out how this is all supposed to route after having got belts and them seeming to not fit quite right. Could just be bad sizing from the store.
    The Power Steering built I have routed from the crank to the fan/water pump to the Power Steering Pump. Despite being at max extension this belt still seems to loose. Whats weird is in this config I have 2 belts going to the water pump/fan, the one that includes the Alternator and the one for the PS pump.
    The other belt I have should seems like it _should_ go from the crank to the AC compressor, but its too short.
    Im thinking its possible the shorter belt should have gone straight from the crank to the PS pump skipping the fan motor, but the belt I pulled off was routed in the way I have it now. The shorter built will not fit around the PS pump, crank, and fan/wp pulley even at minimum extension. The shorter belt wont fit around the AC pump and crank pulley either. Anyone have some pics that may help?

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    No, that is right. You should have one belt that runs from the crank to the water pump and alternator, one that runs from the crank to the AC compressor, and one that runs from the water pump to the power steering pump.