Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

Twin Turbos

So as you all know I am looking to V6 swap my truck. 1987 Dodge Power Ram 50. I have located a free Chrysler EGH engine, a 3.3L V6 out of a 2001 grand caravan. I choose the 3.3L because even though it is smaller and has 35 less HP, it has thicker head gaskets, cylinder walls, and a better reputation for reliability.

That said, I need to know: what would be the best turbos to run on this thing? The engine makes 210 TQ factory, on 75% throttle setting. I am doing a TPS reset so that it goes 100%. The only transmission that works is the NSG 370 6 speed manual. I am gonna axle swap and use the lowest gear possible, maybe a 3.55 or a 3.23, and then some 30" plus size tires. I know I'll blow the tranny up if I run it too hard, but I reckon I can try to squeeze 300 TQ and daily it. Should be fine as long as it isnt run hard all the time.

My question is, what is everything I need to do to run twin turbos? I know i need to run it all to an intercooler, and then to the intake, and I need to find a good mounting place, and I need to get oil to it and I may need to get an ECU tune. Anything else? Thanks in advance

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    Add injectors to the list

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    I’m not seeing the draw to this swap. Nobody has done it and it has little to do with our platform. Lots of work will need to be done, over and above the norm, to see this come to fruition. Again I don’t see it coming from an unproven platform, but if you choose to do it, good luck.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    That's a fair point, one I have considered. I know a guy who has a 5.9 magnum in a Durango. He is trying ot figure out why his transmission won't go into O/D, but if he has to replace it he is going to swap his built 5.9 in it. I may just buy that 5.9 and NV3500, because he has tried everything to get the thing to shift into O/D

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Injectors for sure, Tuneable ECU (AEM), Tuner, Transmission upgrades for the new power, Clutch...Cooling, Wideband o2, Intercooler, Balance job on the engine, Rods, pistons, head porting, Cam, springs etc... custom intake & exhaust, motor mounts, $$$ bank account.