Array
    Status
    Falls Mills Va
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

1990 Ram 50 No fire

I got this truck in a trade. The guy said it went down on him 3 years ago and a friend with the high dollar Snap-on scan tool told him the distributor was bad. He priced a new one at 220 and said screw it, parked the truck and here we are. The disy was changed, new coil, wires and plugs. The coil was throwing some strange voltage. 12v on all 3. So I pulled it and put one off an old ram charger just to try it. It will sputter on starting fluid. Did a comp test, reset disy timing. Then just to be sure to make sure I wasn't 180 out I move it 180. Pulled fuel rail and sprayed carb cleaner through it. Pressure reg won't shift though but it seems stuck closed which should make it run rich if I'm not mistaken. Someone tell me where I went wrong. Also, the truck has been sitting in the woods for about 3 years. It's new to me. And it's about 2 hours away and I can't get it towed. I've hooked a winch to it and uprooted a tree. I've jacked each week up and pulled it and got the brakes free spinning and it still won't budge with a winch. It's a 4x4 and hubs are unlocked, it's in neutral and I'm at my witts end here. Also I know the no fire and the no rolly things aren't related. I threw that in there to let y'all know I can't just walk out to the driveway and try something. If it would roll I'd haul it home and then I could. Thanks in advance.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If the wheels will spin it should pull out of what ever hole it's in by just using a truck.
    As for the no start it could be bad capacitors in the computer box. They are known to leek.
    Passenger side pull the ECM and take it apart. Look at the caps. They probably puked there guts out. Then all you do is get new ones and solder them in.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Falls Mills Va
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey thanks man. Where at on passenger side? Under hood or behind dash?

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    the passenger side inside the cab under the dash. just remove the kick panel on the passenger side and the ecm is tucked in the corner behind the passenger side dash. its next to the glove box. easy to get out.

Array
    Status
    SALEM, OREGON
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    2 bolts and three connectors