Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
Now if there was a similar fix for my leaking steering gear box that a seal replacement did'nt fix, I would like to know about it (does Weber make new steering gear boxes too..?)

P.P.S. I have made contact with a parts puller guy in Tacoma, WA ~ PicknPull yard there has a 1986 4X4 Dodge Power Ram50 ~ if our Rammy truck lives again after it's heart transplant I already have permission for him to pull, ship to rebuilders the steering gear box from that J/Y truck...
Did you replace only the pitman shaft seal, or other seals as well so that you had to remove the power steering unit? If it's leaking from the pitman shaft seal only, both the seal and a u-packing located above the seal need to be replaced to stop that kind of leak. Unfortunately you can't get to the u-packing without removing the P/S unit and partially disassembling it to pull out the shaft. Also, as far as I know the packing is only available in rebuild kits ($45 at RA). It's a messy job and a good vice to hold the unit while you work on it is a big help, but it's much less expensive than going the re-builder route.