Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Badge engineering!

I'm not quite ready for the next phase of the serious stuff (gonna do brakes & water pump & more pretty soon). So today I fixed up something easier. It's been bothering me that my tailgate came unadorned, except for the pinstriping. Usually they say DODGE in big letters. On mine I sorta did it my own way:

IMG_2150_super_duty.jpg

Now my mini truck can go toe to toe with the big guys, F250's etc.....
    Last edited by charger_john; 04-04-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    get it done with a one ton!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've got new L200 fender badges for my Gen 1 (they're not genuine and aren't the same size as the original) but I also want to add these -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-BLACK-RE...MAAOSwMNxXUHgF

I have 2 problems though - #1 they are asking a premium price for them over similar metal badges and #2 they have also jacked up the freight on them massively compared to other badges they stock (a double shite deal) I'm not even going to add the fact of how bad the currency exchange rate is at the moment...

I'm hoarding a bunch of parts to make my own custom grille for my truck - ABS honeycomb grille, combo DRL indicator LED light bars and some options for badges. A lot of work to get it looking the way I imagine as I'll be building up a broken grille with fibreglass, alloy extrusion and most likely a lot of epoxy resin
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Poor form from me - nice job on the tailgate!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Speaking of badges, I find it curious that the 4x4 Ram 50's (at least early 2nd gen) have no 4x4 or 4WD identifying badges of any kind, unless you count the PowerRam badge on the fenders.
    No badge, no decal and no mud flaps. I think that some of the Mitsubishi trucks, and some 1st gen and later 2nd gen Ram 50', have it as a decal.

It seems like every other truck, Japanese or American, always has some version of it. Never thought about it until I started looking.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    mine had mudflaps with 4x4 insigna modled on and painted white. on all 4 tires at that too.

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    I've got new L200 fender badges for my Gen 1
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-BLACK-RE...MAAOSwMNxXUHgF

I'm hoarding a bunch of parts to make my own custom grille for my truck - ABS honeycomb grille, combo DRL indicator LED light bars and some options for badges. A lot of work to get it looking the way I imagine as I'll be building up a broken grille with fibreglass, alloy extrusion and most likely a lot of epoxy resin
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of dedication. Hope we get to see this when it's done!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I HOPE I GET TO SEE THIS WHEN I'M ALIVE If the COVID thing turns into a lock down, I will have all the time in the world then won't I? Don't worry, I will post up any and all progress on my thread and spam the site with links

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Salteen View Post
    mine had mudflaps with 4x4 insigna modled on and painted white. on all 4 tires at that too.
    My flaps have the Ram insignia (the sheep's head). I wonder if yours, or mine, got swapped at some point.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    I've seen pictures of the 2nd gen rams on the catalog with 4x4 mud flaps and the ram logo. They may both be factory. I think it may have been an option?