Thread: The Salvaged MM

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Adjustable shocks on leaf setups to help launch and travel.

Offset wheels. Wheels that have a larger backspacing giving the vehicle more stance.

And again, as for the s/c to make sure you understand. If I run a pulley that will give me 12-15psi to make 700Hp then I can swap a bigger pulley to make down to 8-10psi with a tune loaded up that is a lot more conservative. This will make street driving more efficient.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    A stock 4G making 600hp? It's not considered stock if it is just the block and cams. The stock bottom end couldn't hold anywhere near that.
    https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ho...6-awhp.490819/
    tell him (and others) what a stock DSM can or cannot hold then .... on a $150 used turbo at that
    what are your 1/4 mile ET goals
    and what are "offset style wheels" ?

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    larger backspacing means less outter lip then? .... as in wheels tucked underbody, as opposed to not sticking out
    you'll run more negative offset you're saying
    "offset style" makes no sense, to me at least

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I meant more positive offset. Can't edit

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Most 600+ hp 4G63's are dyno queens....... A few guys here have them and they don't make squat for power below 4500rpm. Boost comes on and they hit peak boost around 6500-7000rpm and hit rev limiter at 8000. Funny as hell that a 720hp 4g63 is slower then a 400hp Mustang, but looks impressive on a dyno sheet.

I really hate to say this but unless you have tons of money don't use the garbage 5.7L Hemi they are unreliable. Granted for $25000+ you can build a nice 600-800hp one. You're better off with an LS with a couple of turbos or a supercharger.(and I hate chevys) Even a Ford Coyote (5.0) with 10lbs boost will make around 650-700whp for less money then what it would cost to build a 5.7L. Trans is easy just get a Magnum 600XL from Americian Power Train (around $4000 Complete) Diff easy again Ford 8.8, 9" or a 12 bolt Chevy. The nice thing about the Ford and Chevy is there is TONS of aftermarket support for those engines.

600-700hp is very streetable with the right gearing and suspension set up. Built a 08 Mustang with 578rwhp for a customer (around 650bhp) and it his daily summer driver. Think of it this way most "New" cars push over 300hp and that's in a freaking mini van. Going back to the 80's a fast car (Mustang, Camaro) were running 200-250bhp where now the same cars are pushing well over 400hp and only weigh 600-700lbs more with all the crash safety systems. Hell my D-50 with around 350hp is real easy to drive even when I push it, the thing act like a normal car till I hit around 2800rpm then it wakes up till 7600rpm and pulls like a small fright train.

It all comes down to the way the engine is set up and where the power comes on. If you're using it below say 3000 rpm it's acts no differently then a normal current daily driver.But mash the go fast peddle and HANG ON !!!!!!

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you! People don't understand that there is a difference between dyno sheets and actual performance. I can make a stock 305 hit over 400hp with spray, but it will still be slow.

As far as the 5.7L, I have been looking into parts, including the Johnson lifters with the oil squirter design, and it is pretty expensive. So many people have LS swapped things, and I hate it, but I might have to. I'm a Chevy person, but the LS has been overdone.

Man the Coyote 5.0 is nasty. Intake, cams, headwork, blower, exhaust, tune will get you close to 700hp or more on stock bottom end.

I drive like a grandpa, shifting st 2k or 2500 rpms most days, so yeah, again you get it.

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It would be considered negative offset. I typically say they are more or larger backspacing because of how much they protrude out the fenders, but the correct term is negative offset.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Most 600+ hp 4G63's are dyno queens....... A few guys here have them and they don't make squat for power below 4500rpm. Boost comes on and they hit peak boost around 6500-7000rpm and hit rev limiter at 8000. Funny as hell that a 720hp 4g63 is slower then a 400hp Mustang, but looks impressive on a dyno sheet.
    You can find garbage examples of anything. That example used a crappy ebay header and big plenum intake.... what spool did u expect ?
    Didn't schedule the dyno, suspected 500hp but made 600. Life must suck, eh
    https://www.homemadeturbo.com/new-me...-hello-118516/
    here is a DSM, same $150 turbo except on a diy paired runner header/oe intake + 272 reginds. Datalog shows 27psi @3093rpm!!
    = EXCELLENT response and torque curve. What more would you want..... to enter a rod-bending contest ?
    That's a 2.0L 3000 pound street car running a 10.1sec 1/4 mile ET. Life must suck with that slowwwww car

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    It would be considered negative offset. I typically say they are more or larger backspacing because of how much they protrude out the fenders, but the correct term is negative offset.
    Nope, you got that wrong also. Larger backspace tuck wheels inward = positive offset. Google it

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Low9, what ET r u chasing ?
    For me, mid 10sec accelration in a buick GN is the limit..... bordering insane for public roads

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I'm not wrong. I wrong the wheels to stick out the fender wells, not inward....

I'm going to be chasing an 8 second truck.p

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    *want

Also, again the power will be way down on the street. Eventually I'll be over 1kHP. But right now 700hp and running high 9s would be fine.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    https://www.discounttiredirect.com/l...fset-backspace
    Backspacing is an older system of measurement to determine how deep the mounting pad is located in the wheel.
    Positive offset creates more backspace, while negative offset reduces backspace

then u r 'typically' wrong on the backspacing.... u want less or smaller backspacing = negative offset
    Offset wheels. Wheels that have a larger backspacing giving the vehicle more stance
    that is nonsense as well
    DSM posted don't have much invested in it AT ALL - compact, ridiculous acceleration, superb drivability, ez/best fit, all mitsu......
    b interesting to see what this v8 drivetrain gonna cost
    So we've gone from, "Imma cyro my 5speed" ..... to a blown hemi 'pushin' 1000hp on pump gas

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It is a dangerous game throwing numbers around without knowing what they mean. The truck has a good power to weight ratio compared to other similar trucks. There are bolt in options that'll make gains without a lot of messing around and changing ratios will improve acceleration. I had a beat up Chrysler Galant wagon (Dodge Colt) that I swapped a stock 4G52 and A904 auto into. I did nothing to it except have to cut down the tail shaft. It was almost undrivable in the wet (even with 15x7's wrapped in Dunlop track tyres) and humiliated most V8's and tuned imports. Nobody believed that it wasn't turbo'd or had a bigger engine in it than a stock single cam 2 litre...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Valdosta, GA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I WANT to run the 4G64/63 with a cyro treated 5 speed. HOWEVER, I will not meet the goals. I want with the setup on pump gas and consider the truck to still be streetable. I have been looking into doing a Hemi swap, but also stated it is up for speculation atm. Looking at the cost to make power (my current goal is 700hp, not 1000hp, please read) with the Hemi I might go a different route. I might not. I've got a build sheet I am putting together on different engines to weigh the pros and cons.

So yes, on the backspacing "technically" I was wrong in the way I was describing it.
    Last edited by Low9Life4; 01-23-2024 at 03:42 PM.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101
    It is a dangerous game throwing numbers around without knowing what they mean. The truck has a good power to weight ratio compared to other similar trucks. There are bolt in options that'll make gains without a lot of messing around and changing ratios will improve acceleration. I had a beat up Chrysler Galant wagon (Dodge Colt) that I swapped a stock 4G52 and A904 auto into. I did nothing to it except have to cut down the tail shaft. It was almost undrivable in the wet (even with 15x7's wrapped in Dunlop track tyres) and humiliated most V8's and tuned imports. Nobody believed that it wasn't turbo'd or had a bigger engine in it than a stock single cam 2 litre...
    ^^
    Very Humble respects to the Board--
    geezer 101 perhaps You should concentrate on producing a running vehicle ---

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Love to
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    geezer is too busy helping us fix our problems ~ he don't have time to fix his own ~ volunteer minions needed in Australia, decent wages, transportation not included ~ claych you wanna spend the summer helping geezer wrench on his truck ?

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    This thread truly “delivers”. ROFL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12