Array
    Status
    Wasilla, AK
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

weber 38 on gen 2 ram 50 4x4

I installed a weber 38 on my gen2 Ram 50 4x4 (2.6) finally got it tuned and running pretty decent. Problem is when driving it in snowing conditions it starts running really rich and fouls plugs. I have it setup to where I still have the factory air cleaner on it and everything. Any thoughts on a fix.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Do you have the pre-heater duct from the exhaust manifold hooked up? This is where swapping a carb can be tricky. It will need the thermal switches on the intake manifold connected up to a viable vacuum source and have the vacuum servo on the intake duct operational. The heated air from the exhaust manifold should solve the running rich issue, so that piece of corrugated tube has to be installed between the exhaust manifold and the intake.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    sounds like the air filter is icing up - what geezer said will fix the issue. Although I ran Geronimo for years with the weber air cleaner with no shroud in the winter for years and never had that problem...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980