salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T

4wd leaf springs

Hey ya'll,

1983 4wd
    I'm sagging in the rear end and wanted a set of poly bushings from 4crawler.
    Does anyone happen to know the inside diameter of the spring eye, the diameter of the shackle bolt in back and spring hanger bolt in front?
    I looked at the set from energy suspension but it doesn't seem they make them for the 4wd leaf springs, which surprises me honestly.

Also if anyone has added a leaf, I'm curious to see how much it lifts the rear end.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I know this will be a chase but I have the part # for Australian made poly bushes. Their parts listing shows the 2WD and 4WD bushes are the same part # so you can use this as a cross reference for another manufacturer -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiteline-R...EAAOSwWdNdU~rm
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    just go with that Carolina squat. lol that would suck.

this bushing can also be found on the 2013 - 2019 Mercedes s class, interesting

Array
    Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

Engine

4D56-T
    Does anyone know what the difference between the RWD and 4wd leaf springs are? My manual says they are different but it doesn't go more in depth than that.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    Everything except width and length. Thickness and count are different.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    At a guess, there won't be any difference in spring length from RWD to 4WD - there might be different spring hangers/shackles and maybe the number of springs. I would also, at a guess, say that Gen 2 springs would interchange with Gen 1's. If you can get a look at a Gen 2 in a JY and take a tape measure to them and the hanging hardware, it might solve your dead spring issue (do not forget to check the U shackle bolts, bump stops and axle plates as there might be a difference there as well - you'd need to factor in the extra hardware for a spring swap)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    center holes in bushings are different, along with hangers from 2wd to 4wd.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

Engine

4D56-T
    Thanks for the replies.
    As an update, I hit up a few junk yards in SLC, UT and couldn't find any first or second gen MM/d50. Also couldn't find a late 90's Montero sport for their leaf springs.
    I did however buy some new 1997 Montero Sport leaf springs off rockauto, $90 a piece. Everything was great except the front eye bushing -- the sleeve needed to be bored out to ~3/4 for the bolt. In retrospect, I could have pressed those out and gotten a new set of poly bushings. I did get poly bushings for the rear -- got some nolathane bushings for 1997 montero sport shackles off ebay ($18) and got some locally
    ($16 from Midnight 4x4, they might ship to you if you need them) which were also 16mm ID 28 mm OD and I had to cut them short to fit the rear leaf spring eye.
    I also got new shocks from rockauto, rear: GABRIELG63419 and front: GABRIELG63418 . They're pretty beefy, but I haven't tried to load the motorcycle yet to test them out.

All four of my tie rod ends have busted through the boot, need to work on that next.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    OOC I measured set of Gen 1 4x4 rears vs Gen 2 today - from bolt centre to centre I got a measurement of 112cm, but the Gen 2 leaf springs were wider and as Gen 1's have the forward spring mounts welded to the frame rails there's no way to get a Gen 2 spring to go into there.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Old thread, but is there a source for gen 2 4x4 pickup leaf spring/shackle bushings? I'd prefer rubber, but I'd take poly. And does one reuse the stock bushing sleeve when installing new bushings, or do you knock that out and go without?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Hit up a local spring shop. They can get them
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I'm having a heck of a time sourcing these and the squeaking of my completely shot bushings is just embarrassing. I'm tempted to just drop the springs and grease what is in there but they have visibly failed.

I've talked to spring shops, polyurethane bushing manufacturers, Japanese auto shops and importers with no luck. I can find 2wd bushings online, but not even a part # for 4wd. I did find MB631457 as the part # for the leaf spring. Mopar sites haven't helped either.

Anyone have any leads? I've also found L200 parts but there's like 30 different models and generations. Is there parts crossover b/n the L200 or Montero or Pajero and 4wd Mighty Max?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    rear spring shackle bushes are the same for all L200s (mighty max's) from 1987 to 2015 2wd or 4wd

Rock auto have rear bushings
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...g+bushing,7488

this site has them with some useful measurements
    https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/mitsub...ing-suspension

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    There is a urethane kit out there. Just use lots of the proper grease or they squeak. I forgot who makes them
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com