Array
    Status
    south Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52

Power Stering bracket?

Hello all. I swear, the more I look, the more I find! So, it seems as though, when the PO swapped in the 4G52, they opted to not swap over the power steering. I’ve got a line on a pump and the bracket from an 85 2.6, but can anyone verify it would work on the earlier (looks to be an 81-82 block) G52 engine? I know I can likely make one up, but if the one on the parts truck is plug and play, then that would save me a lot of time in the shop.
    Even better? Can anyone post up a pic of the bracket if, say, they had some sort of weird collection of pictures of obsolete power steering parts saved on their hard drive?
    The other question I’ve got on getting the power steering sorted - is there an idler on the bracket for tension? I’ve looked around for images of the power steering system in our trucks and there just aren’t a lot of images. I know there are a lot of ways to skin this cat, but close to stock would be my preference.
    Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there is no idler on the power steering belt - the pump pivots to tension the belt. The power steering brackets are different on the 79-82 g52b / g54b motors to the 83 - 86 2.6 motors. The belt rides on a pulley on the groove closest to the timing cover.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    south Georgia
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    Thanks for that Pennyman! I’ve found a likely used bracket/pump that I can likely modify to make it work. Might have to weld a plate on the back of it to make it fit properly, but trying to find a D50 down here of any vintage in the junkyard is an adventure. I guess the next question is this - did Mitsubishi make any changes to the hoses (specifically the ends where they attach to the pump) between the various first gen engines? Logic tells me that “all’ the Mitsubishi pumps would likely be plumbed the same, but I’ve found out “logic” and “automakers” often don’t combine very often.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    there are several different pumps depending on year and motor, but the fittings on the steering box are all the same. The difference is where the pump is mounted, and whether it is an external or internal reservoir for the pump.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980