Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T

Hand throttle cable

Hey y’all,
    My current hand throttle/cold start cable is a bit frayed and will get stuck and cause a high idle when I don’t want it doing that. What are come good replacements that y’all have found? Or does anyone have one for the first gen trucks they would sell me? Located in SLC,Utah.
    thanks.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    No spare here but I have to go out in the truck today, I'll take a look and see if I can come up with a solution. Hopefully one of the more seasoned diesel heads around here has a good recommendation

Array
    Status
    salt lake city, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    Right on thanks. Seems like I need to find a generic choke cable, just need to know the length to buy now

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Without pulling it apart I don't know how it's constructed on the cab side but it looks like any generic hand throttle control would work.

If you want to keep it factory you'd have to see if you can get the cable out of the knob. At that point you can use any cable that's the right diameter to fit the jacket (at least that's how it seems as there's no ferrel on the engine side of mine)

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I have done this with a few vintage cars choke cables. you can often heat up the cable where it enters the knob and it will come out if helt with solder.

Otherwise using a thin cutting disc and a dremel you can slot the shaft that the cable is attached to (length ways) and then solder it to the shaft