Array
    Status
    Wasilla, AK
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

weber carb adapters

Does anyone make a one piece carb adapter for the ram 50 to weber.

Thanks,

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    If your intake manifold has that odd dogleg spur off the carb mounting face (for EGR? And I think only some years of 1st Gen had it?), the 2-piece sandwich kit from Redline (US) is the only one I know of with provision for that.

Otherwise, I've found a couple alternatives that seem like they have the same bolt pattern as our stock Mikuni:

Trans-Dapt 2107 - Note what may appear to be two pieces are actually a single cast piece with flanges connected by a riser pipe, which I gather should theoretically improve torque somewhat. Pretty sure I've seen pics on this forum of at least one Weber swap using this adapter.

Redline 99004.300 - The only low-profile alternative I'd seen (before Geez linked that nice Aussie one here), but note the cast-in ramp under one barrel making a sharp transition to adapt the barrel spacing, which seems likely to impair performance somewhat, but I reckon could also improve emissions with greater turbulence helping blend the air-fuel mix. I'm also not entirely sure the cast-in barrels at the manifold face would be well-sized and -spaced for our manifold, since we're an off-list application for this adapter.
    Last edited by SubGothius; 02-24-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")