Array
    Status
    Vallejo, CA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

New Mighty Max Owner

Hello everyone, my name is Aris AKA amagansa and I am the new owner of a 1995 Mighty Max. I have had many cars, but this is my first truck. I bought it because it seemed like a cool truck on the Craigslist ad, so I ran across town to check it out, and I figured it was worth it to buy and fix it up a little, especially since I need a a cool little hauler.

Sweet raceline(I think) wheels, a camper, manual 5 speed, no P/S, no AC, manual everything. I am factually the 3rd owner but technically the 2nd. From what I saw and heard it has a new radiator, p/o replaced the flywheel and starter, has replaced the engine and that's about it, no idea of repair history on the repaired engine. I read the carfax but I don't know which services were on which engine. So much room in the engine bay. I love how spartan it is compared to my bimmers. Ironically the radio works but all my bimmers' radios have problems. My one gripe is that it is so slow. Not that I expected a race truck, but I'll need to get used to it.

I currently own a '95 BMW 525i, an '82 BMW 733i, an '86 BMW 535i, and an '80 Honda CM500T (along with my new truck ofc). I am not new to forums(I'm constantly on the e28 board), so I know about the magical thing called "Search". I also work on cars for a living, and any problems that I come across and can't figure out, I can just bother my Master Tech about since he's been fixing cars since the late 70's.

My plan for this truck is to get it back to its former glory. Not showroom, but running and driving great for years to come. No mods, I've got BMWs for that I've already ordered some tires for it since the old ones are from '09 and cracking like hell. My next action would be to see if my Manager would let me do my timing belt at work. I rarely have time at home to do repairs like this at home, and being able to repair at work is like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Not to mention all my tools are there. Fixing my truck and technically getting paid for it? I like it. Tomorrow i'll be buying some plugs and wires, maybe a cap and rotor. I know for a fact that one of the grounds is disconnected and I need to figure out a battery mounting solution, it's currently free. Needs an ignition lock because I can pull out the key when it's running. Also runs like shit when it's cold. fill up the gas tank, maybe change the filter. Oil change too probably. I already bought the Haynes manual so I'm ready to tackle it. Long list of things to do, but I've done it before.

Anyway that's enough rambling and I hope to contribute to the board in the near future!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Your truck looks nice and straight from the photos and the wheels have real mini truck cred. Check the ECU - not just for error codes but also a visual inspection of the PCB. They are notorious for having leaking capacitors that cause all kinds of running issues. It might explain running rough when cold and lack of power. If you know your way around an engine it won't take long for you to figure out what it's doing (or not doing...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function