Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

12 " lift plenty of power

Got a 91 ram 50 ...gonna make my own drop brackets and what ever else is needed to go up 12" got some 44 swamper sx to clear.......motors almost done drive train almost done .....allready able to spin 35s on a roll out burn out upgrades to motor and train is all dodge parts so it's gonna be100% dodge.....hope they ready for this

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. That is one BIG mini truck build. There are a lot of mods needed to get huge lift and swap a drivetrain that can handle all of that. Post up pics of your progress and list what you've used for donor parts as we'd be interested on the write up. Can't wait to check it out!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    You mean 100% Mitsubishi? 12” lift will be a challenge. Hope your ready for a SAS and are good at metal fabrication.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Line View Post
    You mean 100% Mitsubishi? 12” lift will be a challenge. Hope your ready for a SAS and are good at metal fabrication.
    He means a full size Dodge truck drivetrain. Getting stuff like the steering linkages and drive shafts right are the big ones on the list. Forget bumper brackets
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    what engine you got? and also remember you may need to upgrade your gearing given you are going up 3/4 a foot in tire size

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    The build going to take some time and trial and error but will be post as the build progresses

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

91 ram 50 12"lift build

Got the front end brackets done to go up12" working on the steering next....mock up looking good so far ....im not using any donor parts I'm using all original ram50 parts just modify it if need to the only donor parts used was internal engine parts ....yes I found internal engine components that works in my 2.4 l 4 cylinder engine .....that motor is being used in my ram50 im driving now ......i think it's making big power for a 4 banger .....pulled out a f-350 and and a Tahoe on sand both were buried to the frame. Pulled both at the same time so impressed with the power it's making .......so I'm positive it'll have no problem turning those rrs I'm going to be using

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    how built is that thing??? we are talking alot of power pulling a Tahoe out of mud thats 6500 lbs and alot of rolling resistance

Array
    Status
    Lake Havasu City, Arizona
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Got any pics of this truck? My BS meter is pegged. I seriously doubt you can pull anything out of sand with the 4 cylinder even if it is modded to the moon.
    I've been down this road on my 82 Power Ram 50. Started in 1992 with dumping a lot of $$ into the 2.6, big cam, turbo, ported head, high comp pistons, FI and low gears. The engine sucked for off roading, all the power was up high where you don't want in a 4x4. The max tire size that worked best was 33". I ran that for 18 years improving it as best I could. I finally learned the hard way that I wasted my money. I wised up and swapped in a V8 and built the truck around it. Now most of my power in down low, great for off roading and now I'm running 38" Swampers on an SAS Dana 4 4 high pinion and GM 12 bolt.

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    With alot of trial and error and alot of engine blocks I found I could use different parts from other types of dodge motors sounds far fetch but I made it work and it's been working great. Never any major problems some glitches here and there but always had a solution for it

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yes sounds like bs to a alot of people but but the road I'm taking is alot different from yours ...i had alot of people doubt the truck when asked if they wanted my help but when all was said and done they had nothing to say..im sure to change your mind in the near future too

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    A guy who doesn't like the "nah, can't be done - it won't work..." naysayers. There is a certain degree of satisfaction when you return to fertilise their front garden with a bag of unicorn poo

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    It's all BS till he starts posting pics. I'd like to know what parts he's using in the 2.4 that gets him this huge power increase. I've built a lot of engines in my day and i know getting enough power from a 4 cylinder to smoke 35" tires is not going to happen. Also think about his comment of pulling two, yes two 6500 pound trucks buried to their frames in sand. Thats 13000 pounds being pulled out by a 3500 rig with at best 100 HP, really?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    dodge parts in a mitsubishi engine

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    apram50
    Just 2 (two) questions
    1) Will you post a underhood picture (dated after this post).
    2) Will you post a transfer case picture (dated after this post).
    Thank you.

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

APRAM50 saves the day for the BNSF

I was over in central Washington state (not far from West Richland) and spotted this right by the highway. Honestly I don't know what led up to this, but I had to get a picture because I just couldn't believe it!!!!!! Apparently the BNSF train had lost all power but our very own APRAM50 was there and saved the day for them!

Granted he wasn't moving very fast or anything but boy that little beast can haul the goods, baby, looked like it wasn't even trying.

big_towing_job.jpg

Someday when I have the ca$h I'll have to try to hook up with Mr. APRAM50 and make friends with him. I want to do the same stuff to my truck, this is truly impressive and you just never know when you might need that kind of awesome pulling power.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    have seen some small pickups pulling big rig trailers. they roll pretty easy

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Those are rollong pulls not not buried to the frame in sand.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Update 4/06/20---.
    apram50
    Just 2 (two) questions
    1) Will you post a underhood picture (dated after post 15).
    2) Will you post a transfer case picture (dated after post 15).
    Thank you.

Update 4/06/20---.
    The Legend grows exponentially !!!

I apologize apram50, perhaps, (with Your humble indulgence) May I ask for 1 picture of the drivetrain taken center focus on the transfer case ???
    1 drivetrain picture is not much to ask??
    Thank You !!!
    Last edited by claych; 04-06-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    04/07/2020---
    apram ??? Very Humble Apologies once again,

"May I ask for 1 picture of the drivetrain taken center focus on the transfer case"

Thank You !!!

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Still waiting for pics.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Mr. APram50 Still waiting for pics.

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    Mr. APram50 Still waiting for pics.
    You want to see a pic of my transmission it’s a almost stock manual transmission

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by APram50 View Post
    You want to see a pic of my transmission it’s a almost stock manual transmission
    What’s the picture gonna tell you? Your gonna see a stock transmission.... next your gonna want to see a picture of my antenna or how about 1of my hood latch.....I get about a 1000 hp from the hood latch and another 500 from the antenna 😂....I thought this was a site for ram 50/ MM truck guy’s to share info about our rides it’s not my fault you couldn’t get more hp out of your truck....I know I found a way to get more out of mine.... those replies the one with the truck pulling the train that wasn’t insulting that was inspiration for me to find ways to make more hp ....if I had a chance to hookup with a couple of that train cars I would not saying I’d pull it but i would hella try and i would keep trying till I do pull it and you know where id drive it if I got to pull a couple of them cars?id drive it straight up your ass🖕🏽

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Are you making any progress on the lift for it? 12" is more than I'd like for mine, but I'd be very interested to see how you're going about it and maybe scaling it down for a smaller lift.
    Also, my Dad and I have used our trucks, both 4x4 diesels, to pull out an F-150 and a GMC Sierra that were buried to the frame in mud. We were in 4-Low and bouncing off the governors , and we damn near folded Dad's bumper in half doing it, but we got them out. These little trucks can pull, not as hard as a full size, but they'll get the job done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast