Thread: 12 " lift plenty of power

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    You are correct this is a forum for us mighty max and d50 guys, a pretty close knit one at that. Everyones problem is your coming here boasting about doing all these things with a stock engine and transmission but you have nothing to back it up. Post the pics or you have no proof. People here wont take you seriouslly until then.

There is no need to be a prick. If your not lying then show some proof and shut everyone up but your going to keep getting doubters until then. No one wants to hear about how great your truck is if you cant post any progress or proof. You started this thread almost 2 months ago and yet nothing of relevance.

Array
    Status
    Lake Havasu City, Arizona
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    I'd like pics of the engine, transfer case and tranny please.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Is there a way to give kudos for good posts here?
    Bravo t97

geezers unicorn poo comment made me laugh.

Useless post is done for the day, carry on

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Look directly under each post on a thread and you will see "blog this post" - next to it are 2 icons. The star icon will let you add to the reputation of the members' post you are viewing (and add a comment), and the caution sign is to report a post for content that breaches guidelines or has inappropriate content etc to the admin and moderators for review
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinggecko View Post
    Are you making any progress on the lift for it? 12" is more than I'd like for mine, but I'd be very interested to see how you're going about it and maybe scaling it down for a smaller lift.
    Also, my Dad and I have used our trucks, both 4x4 diesels, to pull out an F-150 and a GMC Sierra that were buried to the frame in mud. We were in 4-Low and bouncing off the governors , and we damn near folded Dad's bumper in half doing it, but we got them out. These little trucks can pull, not as hard as a full size, but they'll get the job done.

I had to hold off a little on the project with this whole virus thing going on...still only got the mock up drop brackets so far and welded saddles on the top of the rear axle but just that so far and it looks like I’m only gonna get 10” not the 12 that i planned on

Array
    Status
    Lihue,HI
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by t97 View Post
    You are correct this is a forum for us mighty max and d50 guys, a pretty close knit one at that. Everyones problem is your coming here boasting about doing all these things with a stock engine and transmission but you have nothing to back it up. Post the pics or you have no proof. People here wont take you seriouslly until then.

There is no need to be a prick. If your not lying then show some proof and shut everyone up but your going to keep getting doubters until then. No one wants to hear about how great your truck is if you cant post any progress or proof. You started this thread almost 2 months ago and yet nothing of relevance.
    so you want me to pull out my motor rip it apart and take pictures of the upgraded parts ....I can post pics of my engine and transmission it looks stock ...

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    I know of some dude on yt who has a 1250 HP 4G63 on a stock crank and block. So I mean it might look stock. But if it pulls 44's on 12" lift, in a video, I'll believe it real. But honestly if you get a really low gear ratio you'll be fine with the 2.4

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    I've been building engines for over 40 years, lawnmowers, turbine, rotary, 2 strokes, 4, 6, 8 and 12 cylinders. I can tell if an engine has been highly modded by a simple picture of the engine. You don't have to take it apart, I'll know. A parts list of what components and specs you used in that engine would work also. But since you haven't posted a pic I'm calling BS on this 4 cylinder engine that can smoke 35" tires.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Im not seeing the difficulty in posting a couple pictures of the build. I would think that would help relieve some of the tension here.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    I'll be the bad guy here, since you are not posting pics or telling us what components you've used in the "powerful" engine I'm going to say you full of shit.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    How about you just say what you did? Obviously no one wants you to take apart your engine and take pictures. How about you take a video of your awesome truck pulling something out of mud or let us hear it? Not that hard to make a youtube account and upload something.Your making huge claims with zero proof so no one can take you seriously. Your build is not some super secret thing if your posting it on a forum. Prove us all wrong but until then your claims will be taken with a grain of salt.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6

Angry

Stop the BS
    or GOD
    will place all of you in time out.

I have a special add on that will make you wish you played nice in the sand box..

It's called Miserable User.
    When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
    2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
    3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
    4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
    5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
    6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
    7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page

Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    Stop the BS
    or GOD
    will place all of you in time out.

I have a special add on that will make you wish you played nice in the sand box..

It's called Miserable User.
    When classed as miserable, a member suffers ;

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
    2. A chance they will get the "server busy" message (50% by default).
    3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
    4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
    5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
    6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
    7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page

Wow. I realize by posting this post i will most likely be banned and have the post removed or become a "miserable user"

Camoit this response to this thread is extremely disappointing on many levels. The fact that your threatening users and donators with this is a bit ridiculous. Referring to yourself as GOD and users as kids in a sandbox which need to be put into timeout is extremely condescending and an inappropriate response from the owner / administrator.

Multiple people on this thread agree that this user needs to post proof of these claims and without them i see this no different than a spam bot. I fail to see any BS in this thread other than the OP stating hes going to drive his truck up our asses and posting the middlefinger emoji. If you think that asking for proof is BS then im unsure what keeps this site from becoming a boasting board instead of an informative forum and a place for like minded guys to talk about the things we love. If we will be punished for asking for proof and calling someone out then why bother?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Nobody owes you anything (not aimed @ you t97 - but the whole freaking planet...) There has been plenty of times where I have been tempted to listen to that wretched, antisocial voice in my head and go ready-fire-aim but have been glad I didn't. I'm not riding someone elses' bus to know what is going on in their life and I really don't want to either(not being dismissive but I've got my own bus ticket thanks). Yeah APram50 can post a pic of an engine in his truck and unless it's a radically different build you're not gonna see anything externally anomalous.
    Give the dude a chance
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Nobody owes you anything (not aimed @ you t97 - but the whole freaking planet...) There has been plenty of times where I have been tempted to listen to that wretched, antisocial voice in my head and go ready-fire-aim but have been glad I didn't. I'm not riding someone elses' bus to know what is going on in their life and I really don't want to either(not being dismissive but I've got my own bus ticket thanks). Yeah APram50 can post a pic of an engine in his truck and unless it's a radically different build you're not gonna see anything externally anomalous.
    Give the dude a chance
    I hear you geezer and maybe its that I'm young and dumb and dont know when to shut my mouth or I'm just being stubborn it just really rubs me the wrong way for someone to join a forum, make big claims, and tell someone they're going to drive their truck up straight up their ass. I feel like its best and possibly too late just to walk away from the thread cause its not going to go anywhere but getting me in trouble.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I don't like infighting. Keep it nice.
    Trust me it takes a lot to get banned. Somebody reported this hole thread so I just scanned through it and seen some BS.
    I didn't pay much attention on who said what to who. Frankly It doesn't matter.
    So I sent a message to play nice. If person X makes big claims, then fine let them. Just take it with a grain of salt and help others on the board. There are plenty of others that need tips and help.
    This place is for learning. My self I don't like it when someone lowers or bags a truck. I just don't help with that.
    The only real High performance, high HP truck I have seen on this board was LSRMike's truck. He had the bragging rights and the numbers to back it.
    Miserable user only has 3 members and they haven't been back for years.
    I do not make claims to know everything on these trucks. I just know the first gen's so that's what I deal with.

I look at facts.
    100 HP on a brand new factory engine. Haven't seen one in 30 years.
    Rear end is only good to 400 HP and they come apart.
    Trans is ok but will come apart when the power is to high. And this engine took out a bunch of them and it's about as much as you can get. That is LSRMikes.
    DTR3361.jpg
    Last edited by camoit; 04-17-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Quote Originally Posted by t97 View Post

Camoit this response to this thread is extremely disappointing on many levels. The fact that your threatening users and donators with this is a bit ridiculous. Referring to yourself as GOD and users as kids in a sandbox which need to be put into timeout is extremely condescending and an inappropriate response from the owner / administrator.
    Well put for a youngster. This “Flex” is a bit unsettling.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerx3 View Post
    Well put for a youngster. This “Flex” is a bit unsettling.
    It's up to the donators on what to do with the trouble makers. So let me know.

It's been 7 years since since someone was put in time out.
    Here is the thread.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin....php/2317-help
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Admin needs to enforce the stance of the site or it will turn into a free for all. I have seen it happen and once it goes down that path, it's hard for the community to claw it's way back. The admin wanted to look like the 'good guys' but new members were being burned left and right, so they petitioned me to become a ghost admin and investigate it so they wouldn't get their hands dirty. It was a shitfest...

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64

Here is the thread.
    Well in the post you linked about another member he said to shove it up your ass and this guy is saying hes going to drive his truck up someones ass. I see them one in the same. If you can get this guy to post something of relevance i dont see the problem with letting him stay but theres no need for that kind of talk on here.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Here is the thread.
    Thread is just starting to get interesting. No $ or fraud involved. Guy makes personal build claims and gets called out. I think most the general population wants to see how this drama pans out. Honestly its probably one of the more "stimulating" threads in weeks. Drawing in members and increasing post count and activity. Some would argue thats a win for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Admin needs to enforce the stance of the site or it will turn into a free for all. I have seen it happen and once it goes down that path, it's hard for the community to claw it's way back. The admin wanted to look like the 'good guys' but new members were being burned left and right, so they petitioned me to become a ghost admin and investigate it so they wouldn't get their hands dirty. It was a shitfest...
    I get where you are going, and a stance is understandable, but large bold letters and a perceived "God" complex doesn't help matters either. Now as im writing this there are...4 active users on this forum, so even if it could, this thread isn't going to get out of control fast enough for anyone to miss.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Line View Post
    Thread is just starting to get interesting. No $ or fraud involved. Guy makes personal build claims and gets called out. I think most the general population wants to see how this drama pans out. Honestly its probably one of the more "stimulating" threads in weeks. Drawing in members and increasing post count and activity. Some would argue thats a win for the forum.

I get where you are going, and a stance is understandable, but large bold letters and a perceived "God" complex doesn't help matters either. Now as im writing this there are...4 active users on this forum, so even if it could, this thread isn't going to get out of control fast enough for anyone to miss.
    I dont know if i buy into the whole "Any publicity is good publicity" i feel like we should be striving for quality not quantity. Look at the shitshow the s10forums are. Plenty of posts per day and active users but the user base is extremely toxic. Every thread is answered with "use the search bar" rather thsn actual help and more general bickering than quality posts.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Thats funny!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    No God complex here.
    I just put it up to let everyone know this thread is being watched after it was reported twice. The problem will resolve it's self. It always does.

But on another note the new site is paid for and we are just waiting in line for the server guy get some free time to make the upgrade.
    So what will happen is he will make a full copy of the board on the new server. Then run the upgrade to make sure everything works and we do not loose any data, photos, or need to go through the problem we had the last time when we went form PhPBB to Vbulliten. Everyone had to make a new account and start over. Here is the old board for the ones that weren't around back then http://www.mightyram50.net/phpbb3/index.php
    That was 9 years ago.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Well that escalated quickly,
    Glad to hear the new board is almost ready and glad I was able to contribute (always been more helpful with the wallet than contributing content)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast