Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Pitter patter let’s get at’er

What’s up guys and gals, so I’ve been researching and studying and I’ve read just about every thread on this website And figured I’d make my own. I’m from Southern California in the high desert Were these first generation trucks are extremely rare due to Shitty California emissions But I was lucky enough to acquired a beautiful garage kept one owner 1980 D-50 sport spring edition.
    I first saw the truck when I was a kid across the street from me on my cul-de-sac where it belonged to my neighbor growing up. I started asking him when I was about 10 if I could buy the truck one day and he always said that he would never get rid of it. He passed away In 2012 I believe and when I came home from work that day the truck was in the front yard of my house. Thinking that somehow he had left it to me I was more then psyched to find out. Turns out his daughter Carol(Who is also the founder of KC lights! )had came to clear out the house and sold it to my dad for $400. My dad used it as a daily driver up till last year when he surprise me with asking if I still wanted to buy it! When I replied “does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?” I went to the bank grabbed $200 for a down payment and gave it to my dad when he then told me that’s more than enough to buy the truck! A carb rebuild a new catalytic converter and she’s still passing smog with flying colors. Could have to do with it only has 35,000 original miles and I have the original camper shel! Not a day goes by when I don’t buy something for your work on this beautiful truck. Needless to say I have my dream car that I’ve wanted since I was a child And will cherish this baby til the day I die!

This forum is the Bible on these trucks and you guys in the community are top notch with info to keep the dream alive. On behalf of all of us, thank you to the admins for the dedication!

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. That... is an awesome story Of all the quirky cars/trucks to have as a dream ride - a Sport D50, and then have it land in your front yard at an absurdly cheap price is like winning the state lotto. It was cool of your neighbor and his family to think of you and unless they didn't know or care how much the Sport D50 was probably worth, they put you first. You talked the talk - we need pics! And the big question - did 'Carol' supply off road lights for it? That would be legit.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    man thats pretty cool. any plans for it? customization? i know California doesn't allow for much room on performance qualifications due to that stupid emissions crap. my state doesn't have any laws on that, no inspection (which we dearly need) and no emission laws (which we don't need), and a bunch of people in some real prices of shit that need to be OFF the road. that black lady in the 2000 gunfire with the broken control arm? OFF THE DAMN ROAD that old guy with that 80's mode; f150 with the timing so out of whack it dies when he takes off... OFF THE ROAD. that one guy who is ike half a point from passing the emissions test bu this car is perfectly fine? what the hell???

anyways enough with my long winded rant. got any pics of the truck? any YouTube videos or something? that would be pretty cool.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Goskate000

Can you say: "ARIGATOU" Doan forgit to thank the Japanese for designing & building your pride ride

Can you say: "SHASHIN" C'mon, we're waiting

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    just saw the picture, it looks great! I love the hood emblem, and that PORSCHE license plate frame 😂

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Porsche plate is poking fun at the Germans for 'borrowing' Mitsubishis silent shaft design. Then the tuner crowd started 'borrowing' turbos off Evos for their Porsches lol (the KKK turbos are apparently craporama)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Goskate000, you're driving a really cool time machine..! Am curious if that hood ornament is original, can't miss seeing it...! Thanks for sharing, iz the green thing food like ice cream .?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It washed and polished up nicely. I don't ever recall seeing them in green with gold trim but it's a nice combo.

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have a slammed bug a 66 Manx and this truck! All of the cars I wanted as a kid and actually own the exact ones I used to look at! Dreams do come true aha and I’ll post some pics and videos soon I have the exauhsted off for cat replacement today and the carb was just rebuilt just waiting on the intake gasket. Oh I need an egr if anybody has one I will buy it! Aha as for customization I am just going to put a roll bar with kc lights of course and a small grille guard and keep it completely oem. As for the hood ornament the mount holes for it look stock with the hood recessed underneath I will post pics after work. And yes geezer I got a slew of nos fog lights and apparel and helmets from baaaack in the day I will have to dig them up and take pics soon

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It’s black and gold aha until you said anything I didn’t even notice the green hue in the pic! So after reading just about everything on this forum out of pure fascination I noticed you are quite knowledgeable of the mikuni carb. Do you have any post concerning the base tuning before initial start after rebuild. I don’t believe it is set back to how I had it when I had it rebuilt

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Sorry that was to geezer I’m still trying to figure this site out ahaha

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    OH jeez... I have a post with base settings but I have to dig through them to add a link. You might need to adjust the choke butterfly as well which requires some muscle to override the auto choke. There are continuous questions about setting the base idle, fast idle etc on the Mikuni as they get tampered with to try and 'fix' a fault, but then they go off the reservation and it causes more running issues.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Goskate000. You l eaving the Ram hood ornament off for safe keeping &or smoother looks..?

Array
    Status
    Apple Valley ca
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Geezer- ok I gotcha well if you ever get that post made let me know aha we’ll see tomorrow when I stab the intake and carb and try to fire it

xbox- no I’m keeping it on it was just off to wax the hood I’m bummed I didn’t get a pic with it on when it was that shiny aha but I’ll get another good one when I get her put back together