What’s up guys and gals, so I’ve been researching and studying and I’ve read just about every thread on this website And figured I’d make my own. I’m from Southern California in the high desert Were these first generation trucks are extremely rare due to Shitty California emissions But I was lucky enough to acquired a beautiful garage kept one owner 1980 D-50 sport spring edition.
I first saw the truck when I was a kid across the street from me on my cul-de-sac where it belonged to my neighbor growing up. I started asking him when I was about 10 if I could buy the truck one day and he always said that he would never get rid of it. He passed away In 2012 I believe and when I came home from work that day the truck was in the front yard of my house. Thinking that somehow he had left it to me I was more then psyched to find out. Turns out his daughter Carol(Who is also the founder of KC lights! )had came to clear out the house and sold it to my dad for $400. My dad used it as a daily driver up till last year when he surprise me with asking if I still wanted to buy it! When I replied “does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?” I went to the bank grabbed $200 for a down payment and gave it to my dad when he then told me that’s more than enough to buy the truck! A carb rebuild a new catalytic converter and she’s still passing smog with flying colors. Could have to do with it only has 35,000 original miles and I have the original camper shel! Not a day goes by when I don’t buy something for your work on this beautiful truck. Needless to say I have my dream car that I’ve wanted since I was a child And will cherish this baby til the day I die!

This forum is the Bible on these trucks and you guys in the community are top notch with info to keep the dream alive. On behalf of all of us, thank you to the admins for the dedication!