Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

Dream Truck

My dream truck is a 1937 Willys shark nose pickup. my second is a 1985 dodge D150 short bed with a viper motor in it. here is a drawing I did of the truck.

loreita.jpg

its slammed with 25" custom rims of my design, trim delete, bumper delete, badge delete, vent glass delete, and hood line delete for a smooth hood surface. side exit exhaust built into the bed. it has custom design bucket seats that sit high, Bluetooth radio, a twin screw supercharged viper V10 engine mated to a NV 5600 with a gear vendors overdrive and fully independent suspension stolen off of a challenger hellcat modified to fit the frame. its dropped an inch from the ground but airbags allow it to be lifted 1' off the ground. for whatever look.

and its in my favorite color: British racing green

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    it also has other custom features I forgot about like custom taillights, fuel oor, headlights, grille, etc. asthetics

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If you knew a rendering wizard you could get a real world image of your concept. There are some amazing design artists out there. The good thing about trucks is the 'body off the frame' design. This makes engineering mods a lot easier. I have some nutty ideas for a Gen 1 build, but I'm a purist so it's gotta be all Mitsubishi nuts and bolts. One member did a full Evo dash install in their Gen 2 (with a bit of fettling and welding) and it looks mad Your truck would be insane to drive (or try to if it could maintain traction long enough lol). That's an uber dollar SEMA truck waiting to happen...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    geezer & Salteen, I know an automotive rendering artist in the Seattle area; Mr. Jason Rushforth... http://www.jasonrushforth.com/

I think I still have a rendering he did for my 1994 Chevrolet Caprice, for having helped him customize his 1995 Chevrolet Caprice for one of the SEMA shows... If I was energetic I could hunt for my rendering & post a photo... But I better do my taxes & much other stuff first...

Anyway, I figure it would cost between $500.00 & $1,000.00 for one of his renderings (1990s prices?) But he might give a customer a small break if you mentioned my name, maybe not, who knows..? He might remember me having helped him back when he was first getting started... I think he does outstanding work...

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for putting it out there George but we could BUY a used truck for those prices I was watching a youtube video on a couple of guys who have made a name for themselves doing digital renderings (not photoshop...) They are damned good at it too.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    just to be clear geezer I was talking about the full size D150 not the D50. a viper v10 would make a d50 into a knot. a viper v10 would make a d150 a fast son of a bitch lol

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah I knew you were talking about a full size truck. The Viper drivetrain is basically out of a truck anyway - all it needs is a 2 speed rear differential lol. Weren't 50% of the initial model run out totalled in crashes? Should be plenty of running gear for them around then...

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i was thinking NV5600 transmission with custom bellhousing and tailhousing out to a overdrive kit. and then with that tall 1st gear I could use a wide ratio and the overdrive thing to achieve really good gearing all around. just an idea. it won't happen anytime soon, especially with no money. when you said Mitsubishi I got confused for a bit.

I ain't aiming for sema but it would be cool to participate. I would rather build an extended 37 Willis shark nose pickup to do that.