Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

New Lighting

Hi everyone!

After solving my suspension issue(s) Ive moved on to bigger and more important thing... Visual enhancement. Haha!

I recently invested in some better headlights and retrofitted some projector fog-lights I had laying around. Ive never seen fogs installed like this and I personally like the look.
    IMG_20200201_203818.jpg.IMG_20200201_203800.jpg.
    It was a little tedious, and I lost the ability to mount a front license plate. I live in a state that does not require a front plate, and I was unable to find the ca. 1994 "Cruisin' " plate in obligatory Coca-Cola font... So here we are. I still need to clean up the openings a little and I plan on sealing the bumper to the lights using some high-temp rtv to stop the light bleed.
    IMG_20200201_203638.jpg.
    The foglights lumen output pales in comparison to the new LED headlights, but the intent wasnt to add lighting but instead provide a viable and usable alternative light source. The LED headlights are much too bright to be used in snow/foggy conditions. The foglights look like dim halogens in the provided picture, but they are a vibrant yellow in person.

Just wanted to share. Thoughts or opinions are welcomed!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The fog lights are unique - do they have projector lenses in them? Your new night lighting set up really gives your truck a nice updated look. Good headlights make a massive difference for night time visibility. Are these sealed circuit units or can you replace an insert if one fries out? I'm using semi sealed H4's on my Gen 1 with LED inserts and tested the inserts in my daily. They are killer as far as brightness and penetration is concerned but I've already had one fail from what appears to be an overheating issue. There's a lot more air flow going through the front of my truck so hopefully it won't be an issue. Can you post up links etc so other members can check them out?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The foglights are probably 23 years old. I bought them at Walmart with saved "chores" money when I was about 14 years old. They were originally purchased and installed on my SA22C... (Note my username) the have replaceable bulbs. They're a very early iteration of projectors. They're mostly there for nostalgic and cosmetic reasons. When they're off they are a translucent blue/yellow. I'd link to them but they predate the internet.

The headlights are OSRAM branded led retrofit units and are on Amazon for $100. The headlights are incredibly bright with a super sharp cutoff. So far they're awesome and have drastically altered night driving for the better. I can actually see which is generally a good thing. Haha

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    SA22C

Older drivers are distracted by bright head lights; much like mosquitos to UV light... Careful of them oncoming old drivers wandering into your lane...

old & older...

Cool looking lights on your truck; look better than most of the LEDs on new trucks... Thanks for sharing... Can we buy these same style headlights or are they made custom..?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ he picked them up on amazon for $100. I found these on ebay -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7X6-5x7-120...oAAOSwUHldu62a

...I hope they aren't the identical item because these are hell cheap
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    South Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    ...I hope they aren't the identical item because these are hell cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by SA22C View Post
    OSRAM branded
    Not the same ones.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i like this. I could straighten my bumper (I got mad when I was pulling the motor and threw something and it messed up the front license plate bracket) and install this. looks pretty cool!

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i have some of these https://www.carid.com/lumen/7x6-rect...BoCmwwQAvD_BwE headlights for my 87 that were gonna go on the 95 pickup. someone mentioned the maroon 95 extended cab toyota, these lights were wired diff and so it was apparently too complicated aand so they are mine now. they are the same lens and frame as the lights on both the older model fords and both toyota pickups (coincidence or common lens size?)

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The Toyotas use two grounds to select between normal and brights. Everything else on planet Earth uses two powers and one ground. That's probably why they couldn't get them to work. Just have to wire them a little different.... Haha

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Also... 7x6(also refered to as 7x5) are extremely common. Lots and lots of vehicles use that size.

Array
    Status
    Cullman, AL
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Did you have to "massage" the buckets to get the headlights to fully seat in the buckets?