Array
    Status
    Champaign, IL
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

1988 Mighty Max 4x4.

Hi! My name is Max, and I am a potential owner of a Mighty Max pickup granted I can get it running again!

My background:

I am about 30, have been working on cars since high school, and worked as a professional mechanic since about 20 years old. In that time I've owned various Japanese cars, and have extensively overhauled and modified many of them. I am hugely into drifting, and the JDM car scene of the 90's, with some of my favorite cars being the FC RX-7 (owned 3) and the JZX chassis Toyota/Lexus sedans. (Current daily is a JZS161 Lexus GS300 with a manual swap).

Now a bit about the truck:

I found these forums through researching about a truck I found parked across the street from my friend's place, in a field at the neighbor's house. The truck is a 1988 Mighty Max 4x4 standard cab, with a 2.6L engine.

I have recently developed an interest in off roading as well Jeep Wranglers, after having worked on and driven a few. What attracted me to this truck was mainly the name (sharing it with mine) and the fact that this is a simple, well built lightweight 4x4 similar to a wrangler, but with a bit of rarity behind it. I realize there isn't nearly as much aftermarket for the Mitsu offering, but I figured it would be enough to get my feet wet and try something different.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. There isn't a huge aftermarket support for these trucks but they share a ton of parts with other Mitsubishi 4x4's of the same era. They are both tough and capable. The 2.6 can be severely abused and still hold together but it's off road where they really show what they're made of.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If the cooling system holds pressure the rest is basic stuff. As long as the parking break isn’t stuck it will move.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Champaign, IL
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Thanks guys. I have so far gotten the truck out of the field and into a garage for further inspection/repairs.