Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6

suspension troubles

I have a small list for y'all, here it goes:

Will the torsion bars off of a 1982 Power Ram 50 Fit a 1987 Power Ram 50 Sport?

Will the manual locking wheel hubs off of a 1982 Power Ram 50 fit a 1987 Power Ram 50 Sport?

Common brake issues for the 1987 Dodge D50? I cant keep fluid in it and i dont know where it is going. It has sat 2 years and now it doesnt hold fluid al all and i cant find a leak (though it drains pretty fast)

How well does a d50 fair up in mountain road I have the factory double wishbone / leaf spring setup looking at new shocks and springs for the front

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Mitsubishis don't commonly have brake issues. I would get a roll of white paper, lay down a couple of strips of it on your garage floor and drive onto it. Start it up and pump the brakes. Even if you only see one spot of fluid it might throw you a clue to where it's coming from. Next thing to look for is munched paint. Brake fluid will eat paint pretty quickly and if it's leaking like you say it is, you should see signs of it from underneath. As for parts interchangeability, I don't know. Mitsu 4x4's can handle nearly anything you throw at them - they are very capable. If the LSD isn't biting the way you think it should, flush out the differential with diesel fuel and then refill with the correct oil.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Have you removed the rear brake drums? The rear wheel cylinders may be leaking but the leak may not be obvious until a buildup of brake dust and dirt has absorbed all it can. If the rear drakes are dry and there’s no clear leak from the test geezer101 suggested, I suspect the master cylinder is leaking into the brake booster. (It did on my ‘88.) With a mirror and flashlight, look for munched, dissolved paint below and at the lowest point on the booster. Also look for the same and any clear leakage inside under the dash where the booster mounts to the firewall and the brake pedal rod enters the rubber boot of the master cylinder.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    Ok so i put a little fluid in it and took the back drums off and the wheel cylinders are leaking, the previous owner had replaced the rear brakes just a month before i got it and he had new front rotors, calipers, and wheel cylinders because he thought the front was leaking. thank you very much!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    *you'd see a leaking master cylinder - the paint will be eaten under the master cylinder on the brake booster. Not obvious straight away but you'll see it when you get up close to it. I hate messing with brakes...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    it was the drum cylinder, thanks anyways!