This will be my first post ever on a forum so bear with me..

I Recently purchase a 1988 Power Ram 50 in near showroom condition. Hardly any rust (virginia truck) on the tailgaite and drivers side cab corner. I have since Patched the rust and had the shell (not the door jams or interior) repainted in the original color. Matching codes and all. Also changed the Grille because the original was cracked. Everything works except the stereo. 77k original miles... with original owners manual/stereo manual/Window sticker is even still in the glovebox.

I thought about swapping a 318 into it but im not sure if i can do it with this nice of an original truck.

So my question is can you make the little 2.6L have any more get up and go? or is it even worth going through? Are swaps a good idea? Besides the fun factor of course. I have no idea how much these things are worth and dont want to screw up a piece of Dodge/Mitsibishi history here. If I can help it.

Pictures can be posted if you guys are interested. I'll just have to download them from my phone. Thank you for any input!