Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Transmission boot substitutes

In another thread I had the idea of making a mold to make new silicone transmission boots for our aging transmissions, but the more I did the math I realized it probably isn't feasible to do so. Geezer mentioned the idea of finding a similar boot that would work instead. So far I have come up with the following as a possible replacement for the MD703619 boot. This is the standard 5 speed shifter boot used up until at least 95'. I have not tried it myself and as of the time of this posting and there are OE ones available but I wanted to share my results in case these become unavailable in the future. If the link expires the boot is for an Allis Chalmers 6060, 6070, and 6080.

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/7...4aAiQEEALw_wcB

I will continue my search to find a replacement for the 4X4 shifter boot, part number MD704149, since it appears that I have the last NOS one around

If anyone finds any boots for any of the other transmissions ( I think the 4 speeds may be different?) please post them here! after all no one wants dirt, sand, or water in their transmission or transfer case.

Array
    Status
    Monument, CO
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I was able to order the OEM 5-sp boot from Japan for a bit over $10 USD including shipping. I found it at https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/md703619. Delivery took about 4 weeks.

Looks like the 4x4 shifter boot is available as well.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Nice! some websites I can never tell if they are legitimate or not. Ill have to give them a shot, thanks!