Array
    Status
    portland tn
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Montero upper control arms lift

Has anyone tried the montero upper control arms for lifting ram 50 if so please post pics.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Would like to know as well.

Array
    Status
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    These are the montero UCA's.

With the new torsion bars (OME's) cranked till the UCA's bumpstops touch the frame plate (front of truck on jackstands and tires off the ground) I am finding that the camber to be extremely positive when the suspension is holding up the truck -see pic-

I am having to use a lot of shims to correct, requiring new (longer) UCA/frame bolts. I am also putting wheel spacers (1.5-2") on the front wheels to get them pushed back out. I'll snap so pics when I get the front alignment done and everything is correct. My assumption is that the original UCA's would be too short to correct the negative camber when you crank the torsion bars thusly, the Montero arms are used. If I didn't already have new LCA's on, I would probably replace both the UCA's and the LCA's (if the fit) so I wouldn't have to add wheels spacers. Your results may vary...
    Last edited by steve1814; 01-07-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are control arm spacer blocks made for other vehicles so there is a chance that there is already a compatible spacer block somewhere.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Other option is make them. Some tube steel, a couple of joints, a gusset to reinforce it and have a location to mount the upper ball joint. I've wondered if it was possible to make adjustable UCA's so it would be easier to dial in camber...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function