Array
    Status
    Marysville ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Wiring issue I think?

Hi my name is Casey. I'm new here and to my 1990 mighty max. Im having an issue with my passenger side tail light and turn signal. Brake light works fine and so does reverse. Replaced with brand new assembly but still have same issue. Any ideas what I should do? I checked wiring and seems fine but not 100 percent sure.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is to check the connector along the frame where the frame ties in to the bed harness. its on the passenger side frame rail towards the rear of the truck next to your spare tire. get some electrical contact cleaner and spray it in the connector and plug it in a few times. of course if the tail light works on the other side this would indicate an issue with the passenger tail light connector itself since the drivers side shares its connection with the other light so that actually might partially rule out the frame connector i mentioned. try cleaning the passenger tail light connector first and unplug it a few times to polish the contacts and see if that fixes it. also if someone has spliced anything for a trailer plug then i would check the splices very carefully, these can get corroded from road spray and cause issues.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    *also check your steering column switch assembly. They normally don't fail (except for the auto return mechanism to shut the indicators off which can wear out). You will need a pocket multi meter to verify power in and out of the harness. You will miss something by only visually inspecting it. Don't need a mega buck meter - a cheap $10 one will do everything you'll want it to do on a car/truck.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function