Array
    Status
    Tidewater, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

1986 dodge ram 50 2X4 31200 original miles

Hi, I'm Jerry I just bought a one owner 1986 ram 50. its just a basic no frills 2x4 2.0 standard trans. It has 31200 original miles and has been sitting for the past 5 years. Im towing it home tomorrow morning. I really like these little trucks and look forward to getting it going again. I do need a grill two of the bars ares broken does anyone have one? It really needs a bath but is clean under all that green stuff.d 50 speedo.jpgram 50 side 2.jpgram 50 side.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum, Jerry! What a find. Safe travels as you tow it home, and be sure to post more pics!!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome Jerry;
    Congratulations!!! what a score .

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Well this is one unearthed gem. If those miles are genuine that is pretty freaking amazing. It's going to need a lot of general maintenance like hoses and belts etc as the lack of road miles probably hasn't done it any favours. You'll need to pull it apart and clean out all the hidden places to get a better idea of what you're getting into like behind the front wheel well liners and the air channel under the dash. Years of built up leaves and debris can cause serious rust problems. Fingers crossed that you haven't got any major issues hiding in there
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tidewater, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Yea i will get it clean and check it out real good. The truck was bought new by his father, then a year later his father passed and it mainly sat. For the last 5 years it hasnt moved. Im hoping its as rust free as he says. I bought it just seeing the pics as im 200 miles away. Crossing my fingers for a good trip.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Seeming it's an 86 model, the engine will either be a G63B 2.0 or a 4G54 2.6. The 4G52 was used in the early trucks (79/80) If they're being legit about it's history, then it's good to know that it's been kept in the family the entire time. Best part is it's complete - right down to the hub caps!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tidewater, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Yes the engine is a G63B. I wasnt sure. I will add some more pics soon. I got it home today started cleaning it. It is super clean inside had a dash pad cover and a seat cover on it since new. You can tell by looking at things like the interior break and clutch pedals and the engine compartment and how clean and un wore everything is that the mileage is original. Now the bad news i pulled the oil plug and coolant came out first So i went and pulled the head. Number 4 piston was almost to the top only about a inch down but had rust. Looks like it was parked after they got it hot and blew the headgasket. I'm letting it soak hopefully it will come free and i can hone the top of the cylinder. Im going to clean the head and take it to get checked. I wish people would be honest and just say why it was parked. Not oh it ran great when i parked it. But im very happy with the truck and it will be nice even if i have to rebuild the motor.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Grrr. They either were being shady about it or legitimately forgot the reason why it got parked. The G63B is an easy motor to work on. Hopefully the coolant sitting in the sump for so long hasn't caused additional problems and it was only a blown gasket and not a cracked head.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hi jwt101 you like vehicles with four headlights huh Good luck with the fixes...
    Can't tell what color paint your new truck is wearing; need more photos after the bathing, please...

Array
    Status
    Tidewater, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    OK cleaned it up some. The keys and tags have this mail if found. on the underside there is a number. I wonder if you lost your keys back them dodge would return to you? Got a engine from the local yard 250.00 suppose to have 78000 miles just in case the one in the truck is to bad to be fixed. Still is a little dirty in side and out but working on it. Trying to get the it going as well.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jwt101; 09-24-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: posted in a more correct place

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Damn !!! &
    Gotta add another here.

As to the Key return a story for another time .
    Last edited by claych; 09-24-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Array
    Status
    Tidewater, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Well its been a couple good years and the truck has been great. At 34000 miles it blew number 2 piston on the highway and was sold for scrap. I parked at a local rest stop. At the time i was towing a 2006 smart fortwo home. I ending up driving the smart home and leaving the truck. The scrap yard gave me 60 bucks for it. It was sad to see it go but6 i didnt want to loo for a new engine. She ran till the end smoking and all but still got me to the rest stop. Mb someone will find it and keep it going local. Eugene oregon. I thing it just sat to long and was tired.

Array
    Status
    Cant Say
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V6
    i sort of shed a tear reading this. sad to see it go that would be a great truck to rebuild! oh well, im glad it served you well while it lasted!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    damn 60 bucks. For want of an engine that would be a nice little project

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle