Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

auto tranny not shifting out of 1st gear

veryone, I am new to this Forum. So, forgive me if I am not posting this in the correct manner.

I just bought a 1988 Mighty Max 2WD with the 2.0 and automatic transmission. The transmission will shift into all of the gears (P, N, R, D) and all seem to be working correctly at low speeds. However, when the truck is shifted into drive, it does not want to come out of 1st gear. driving down the road, the engine sounded rapped out but i never felt it shift and the truck would not go over 15mph.

just from past experience on other vehicles, my first instinct would be a faulty transmission shifter solenoid. But, i am not even sure where it is at on this vehicle and before i spend a ton of money on a part that they no longer make, I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past and what they had to do to fix it. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Messed with it this weekend. It started shifting after getting to running temperature but I have to put it in 2nd then back to drive. Any thoughts?