Array
    Status
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Ignition Coil Wiring on 85 ram 50

I have inherited the pickup from my grandfather but prior to me being able to actually go and pick it up other family members made their attempts to get it to run and have messed with the wiring at the ignition coil when they replaced the coil and ballast resistor. I don't believe it is wired correctly so I would like to get a picture but i could make due with a wire diagram with color coding.

I have searched through the manuals and threads looking for a picture of how the stock wiring should be on the ignition coil and i can not seem to find one that shows it specifically. The manuals show one picture but it is not in color and doesn't give a good description. I can provide picture of the current wiring setup once i get to my house. I think i will explain its self if i can get the picture or a good diagram but the two wires coming from the distributor are blue and the other is black and white. Where should those be attached on the coil or ballast?

1985 power ram 2.6L w/ 5 spd

Array
    Status
    Tucson
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Does your starter have the gear reduction? It should have a wire that goes to the coil from the starter solenoid. If that is hooked wrong, it won't start. Maybe just unhook that wire from the starter and try.

Array
    Status
    Coos Bay, Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I'm in the same boat right now. I see you're kinda close in bend. I'm in coos bay myself. But anyway did you ever get this figured out?