Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum advance/distributor causing issues?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    Your truck has neat accessories camping anything & proves small don't mean weak... Arizona like Hawaii = no snow down low... Perhaps if not already done, you might consider an electric fan mod of some sort in order to achieve lower temps under the hood..? One YouTube video DON'T DO IT ABOUT ELECTRIC FANS IS WORTH WATCHING
    If it's the video I watched, the guy had little to no idea on what he was doing. Biggest mistake he made was not incorporating a relay into the fan circuit, consequently cooking the wiring and blowing fuses. He also unnecessarily upsized the alternator thinking that amp output was the problem in the fan circuit.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    ????
    Please do post up Your Your fix !!
    Thx

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    I looked into the setup and actually started the process but ran out of time before I had to make the drive. It's on the list.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by claych View Post
    ????
    Please do post up Your Your fix !!
    Thx
    This is my fix -

...for everything. Relays for high and low beam, A/C compressor, A/C condenser fan, radiator fan and primary electric fuel pump and all related fuses including main power. I'm still routing the harness and looking for a viable radiator that will do the job. I might be forced to use something out a FWD car but that will solve my fan sender issue (if I can find one that will fit in there...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Geezer I actually have a relay box already sitting in my garage for this. Just haven't had the time. Been moving from place to place since April �� but no claych the idea of holding the pedal down for the first 3 or 4 turns of the engine worked. I just held it in. Turned it over let off and boom started right up.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrio View Post
    Geezer I actually have a relay box already sitting in my garage for this. Just haven't had the time. Been moving from place to place since April ��
    Installing a relay/fuse box is a BIG job. Taking apart the existing harness and trying to keep track of what is going where requires planning, and one stuff up means playing diagnostic with a modified harness (like working on a bad ghetto fix by a PO )

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I had the same thing happen. Felt like ignition, ended up being that the float in the carb had started sinking. The extra fuel was fine starting cold, but if the truck sat for a few minutes it did not want to restart hot. I popped the air cleaner off and could see fuel dripping out of the main circuit onto the throttle blade. After a few minutes of dripping the thing would be flooded out.

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that's whats going on. What I found works most of the time is holding the gas WOT when I'm starting it and usually it will fire up on the 3rd or 4th turn over. As soon as it starts I let off. But it did do this to me the other day. Where it wouldn't start at first. So I just held the throttle open while not turning it over for like 30 seconds and then tried again still holding the throttle and it started right up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12