Hey all! Been awhile since I posted, but I’m in a bit of a pickle and haven’t been able to find an answer here after about an hour of searching (this is genuinely the first time I’ve ever NOT been able to find the info I was looking for here. I fully expect this is in a thread somewhere I just can’t find it, so I apologize in advance and want to thank you deeply for y’alls wisdom).

My starter is bad and I’m in need of a replacement. Called the parts store and was given two part numbers for the correct model year Mighty Max (’84), one with an ignition bypass wire and one without. Both are for the manual transmission. They are as follows:

With ignition bypass wire
R612421

Without ignition bypass wire
R612289

Included are relevant pictures of what’s in the truck at the moment. I’m assuming the dangling wire there is an ignition bypass wire. There’s only a $10 price difference so I’m mainly curious which one y’all would go with and if you know of any resources on the forum talking about starter replacements. I’ve put new starters in other cars in the past, but they were always OEM parts.
IMG_4793.jpg
IMG_4798.jpg