Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Post 92 D50 2.4L hole in block

I have a 92 d50 with a hole in the block. I bought it this way. I have a list of cars that ran the 4G64, but what, ifany problem will i get into by swapping motors. Will my head and internals fit into the newer blocks. I have a 5 speed tranny will it bolt up to lets say a 03 stratus motor. I need to know before I buy something

Thanks for the help guys

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    would a 5 speed tranny from a 4g64 d50 bolt up to a 4G63 I was looking for a quick replacement to just get the truck on the road

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You need to know if it's a wide block or narrow. Look in the WIKI first and ID just what you have. There is a section in there that can help you figure out what you have first. Once you have nailed down just what you have we can go forward from there. You never know just what someone has stuck in there. We have see all sorts of strange things. You can also use the search to pull all the key words you are looking for. Oh, and then there is the old archive with over 10,000 posts in there with lots of information. Some of the top engine swappers will chime in here soon. We have some guys that know every little thing about these engines and trucks.
    Last edited by camoit; 12-26-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks I'll update info

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Yeah I looked it over it is a stock 2.4L sohc with a 5 speed wiki said it's a wide block
    So what motors will be a direct replacement. I don't care about DOHC or SOHC I just want to drive it. I need a list of motors that will bolt up. I am looking to drive this truck /for as cheap as possible but yet being reliable aswell

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Well the easiest and cheapest thing is to just come up with a replacement from a junk yard, drop it in and drive it. Or find a driving parts truck off craigslist. Swap out the engine. There pretty easy to find and only take a day to swap out. Then you will have the time to build a fresh engine the right way.
    As for the differences between the 63 and 64 if they are both wide block then they will bolt up to the trans but you will find small variations between other parts. There are a lot of parts that will cross between them. But just what the exact parts are and differences between them I'm not sure. We will just need to here from some of the guys here that know down to the bolt thread just what they are. They check in every day or so. You can always drop a line in the shout box on the front page to try and get a faster response.
    This is the kind of information we are trying to get in the wiki. Question like this come up a lot.
    Last edited by camoit; 12-26-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Well the tranny is a R5M21. I found a 4x4 model with a 2.6L it has the whole chasis with it. It was wrecked and placed in a barn with the sheet metal stripped. I am thinking about picking up for $350. I will Post all updates and info I run into I also have a cousin who's Boyfriend is a tuner buff and really into 4G63 applications so I will play around with Ideas.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Only thing that will bolt up besides another 2.4 is a 2.6, but then your going to have to change out the engine wiring harness and ecu

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Ah, it looks like the board is picking up from the Christmas slump. The net stays quiet tell after new years. For $350 I would grab the 4X4. Parts are hard to find and you can never go wrong with the 4X4. Heads are like gold. A cab swap is easy. You need to look at these trucks as 1 big interchange. You get a range of years you can swap main power train parts around to each other, you go by generations on body's and frame. But parts are getting hard to find if you stay stock. In California there are ways around the SMOG laws for now.
    Hay DroppedMitsu did you get to Susenville yet?
    Last edited by camoit; 12-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Maybe just sell it and get a different one any one against the jeep commanche's

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    <<< EDIT >>>

You MUST be a Donator to sell parts on the forum.
    Please see this post. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...son-or-another
    Last edited by camoit; 12-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Array
    Status
    St. joseph, Mo
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I know It is just a thought