Status
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Breather Hose and Air Intake Hose - Can't Find Anywhere

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me locate a couple of hoses for my 1979 D-50 Sport 2.6L. One is the air intake hose between the air cleaner and the intake next to the radiator (#6 in the diagram; mine is completely missing, as you can see in the other picture). Another hose I need is the breather hose that goes from the front of the valve cover to the air cleaner (see 3rd pic). My breather hose is cracked and I haven't been able to find one anywhere online. Please help!

Thanks so much all!

-Alex
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Nice looking truck. I got my intake at a junkyard. To get a fitted breather ( I think that must be the crank case breather) hose I doubt you will be able but try Rock Auto. You can always just hose hose off the spool of the same size.

Array
    Status
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks! Like you suggested, I believe I just found the air intake hose at a junk yard! I'm having them check for me and they're supposed to call back tomorrow to confirm that it's there. Finger crossed. Still no luck on the breather hose, but I will come back here with updates. If anyone has any part numbers, dimensions, or specifics on that breather hose, I would really appreciate it!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ +1 on the hose off the reel from an auto shop. Only other option will be from a JY. As for the intake hose, the one in your parts diagram will be different to the one on your truck. The later ones have a big spring loaded clamp on either end that secures straight to the air cleaner assembly and the intake channel next to the radiator. I doubt you'll find one new anywhere so you only have a genuine used intake duct from a yard (most of them will be split from age) or try to find a length of air/vacuum flex hose the same diameter that is heat resistant and have a go at adapting it.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the 79 and 80 are the only ones with that breather hose, but the air intake hose was used until 86. I used a valve cover breather and a short piece of breather hose on Geronimo, but he has a weber carb, so I don't have the intake assembly anymore...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I just ran across this https://www.mitsubishipartscentral.c...ItMGwtbDQtZ2Fz
    It is for an 85 but its more or less the same thing. Call first.At least you will have a part number for it.

Array
    Status
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I have a used one with minor damage. I appears previous owner sealed it with a dab of orange rtv. If you are interested please pm me for details.