Array
    Status
    Hartford, IL.
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15

Windshield replacement

I have a 1994 Mighty Max with a cracked windshield. I'm in need of the windshield gasket or what I need to do to replace my windshield . I have a new windshield and a person to install it but unable to find the gasket. What do I do?

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    They have them on Rock Auto or Steel Rubber.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    the gasket listed in the parts book for the second gen trucks is just a roll of adhesive rubber to stick to the inner edge of the glass. i ordered a roll for my truck before taking it in to a glass shop for the new windshield and the guy said its purpose was to keep the new urethane windshield adhesive from pushing out during install but he said it was unnecessary and he installed it without it and it turned out pretty nice. although when i repaint my truck and find a good oem windshield to install ill probably have him use it. ever since then all the trucks at the junk yard i've seen with aftermarket glass appear to just have the urethane adhesive on them but no gasket on them. i can get you some pictures to show you what i mean if you want but its main purpose is mainly cosmetic and doesn't really "seal" anything, thats the job of the urethane adhesive. first gen trucks are a whole different story since they have a rubber seal that is "roped" in like our second gen's rear window.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Give this a try. Call and ask since i have found a couple sites that say NLA- no longer available
    https://www.mitsubishipartscentral.c...ass-windshield

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    2nd gen windshields are glue in - the new adhesives are superior to what was available when these truck were built. I did know of one guy who had a 1st gen and had his glass installer glue in his windshield - it was the installer the body shop he worked at used. I wish I had taken a pic of it - it was 30 years ago at least.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    ^^
    Yes, 2'nd Gen are glue in , & the adhesive formula has indeed advanced to the point
    of having stronger shear strength than safety glass, & >= the metal channel.

Prodak, side note,
    remove the black plastic overlay on the windshield trim...
    Poof !!!! chrome .
    Last edited by claych; 08-14-2019 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Array
    Status
    Hartford, IL.
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15
    Just got off phone with steel rubber products . They don't have them nor have any idea what may fit universal! So now I have no way to repair my cracked windshield even though i have a new windshield to go into my truck ! PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS GASKET ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thank you.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodak View Post
    Just got off phone with steel rubber products . They don't have them nor have any idea what may fit universal! So now I have no way to repair my cracked windshield even though i have a new windshield to go into my truck ! PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS GASKET ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thank you.
    I had a guy put in new glass with my steel rubber gasket and he told me he could have got one cheaper. I suggest you talk to glass installers.
    EDIT- Just looked at the other posts you have 2nd gen its a glue in.

Array
    Status
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    i installed my windshield myself in my 92 ram 50. cut lut the old glass with an oscillating saw cleaned off the old rubber as best i could. bought 2 tubes of adhesive at my local parts store. used a standard caulking gun to apply a bead around the edge and set the glass. that was 2 years ago no leaks no problems. the only thing i should have done differently was replaced the retainer clips for the windshield trim.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by fritolay View Post
    i installed my windshield myself in my 92 ram 50. cut lut the old glass with an oscillating saw cleaned off the old rubber as best i could. bought 2 tubes of adhesive at my local parts store. used a standard caulking gun to apply a bead around the edge and set the glass. that was 2 years ago no leaks no problems. the only thing i should have done differently was replaced the retainer clips for the windshield trim.
    nice thing about the design of our 2nd gens window trim retainer clips is that they can be replaced separately without removing the glass. you may have to trim the adhesive that pushed out along the sides a bit with a razor though. the clips just slide in place over little studs that stick out a bit. new clips are available from different places too, i bought a box of them, they fit older mitsubishis and hyundai cars. for removing the old glass i used a thing i bought called a long knife. it worked much better than the windshield removal tool i bought at harbor freight which ruined one perfectly good windshield i had about 90% cut out

Array
    Status
    Christiansted, Virgin Islands
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Which supplier are you all using to get new windshields for second gens from? I'm searching google but can't find a source yet.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    LOL you can get one for like $60ish... but the freight will kill you - https://www.ebay.com.au/i/4006634362...CABEgKhqvD_BwE

The company insists on local pick up only and refuse to freight it due to breakage risk. No idea how it would be safely freighted or how much it would cost, but there has to be a supplier in the US considering how cheap I could get one locally.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function