Array
    Status
    Noble, OK
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

1988 Ram 50 2.0 rwd standard cab/trans oklahoma

Hi all. Just wanted to say hi really quickly. I just inherited a ram 50 as described in the title. It's been sitting in a barn for 3-5 years. Fired up with just a new battery and I'm slowly getting it to daily driver condition. Anyway I'll be in and out asking questions and chatting. Thanks.IMG_20190804_161922966_HDR.jpgIMG_20190805_185859284_HDR.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Always good to see a new member come on board. Hard to tell what condition the body is in but other than faded paint, it looks straight. If it's been off the road for a while, there's a list of recommendations on where to start in regards to maintenance -

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP

If you have plans for bigger things or run into an issue that you are needing advice on and can't find it in a post or thread, just ask and someone will hook you up with a link or a straight up answer. What's the back story on your inheriting this truck? A truck with a history is always interesting whether it's a family thing or 'a guy you knew' story.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Noble, OK
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Always good to see a new member come on board. Hard to tell what condition the body is in but other than faded paint, it looks straight. If it's been off the road for a while, there's a list of recommendations on where to start in regards to maintenance -

If you have plans for bigger things or run into an issue that you are needing advice on and can't find it in a post or thread, just ask and someone will hook you up with a link or a straight up answer. What's the back story on your inheriting this truck? A truck with a history is always interesting whether it's a family thing or 'a guy you knew' story.
    Thanks for the link, ive done the tune up/cooling system/valve cover gasket/fuel filter already and will start the rest next. My goal is to get it running as well as possible with minimal investment. The paint is rough and I had to replace a fender, but appearance is last on the list.

So to the back story. The truck was bought (either new or nearly new) by my grandfather and he used it as a run around town (very small town) truck for him and a fishing truck for my grandmother (have a small cattle ranch with a lot of ponds). So I've been riding in/driving this truck since I was a child. My grandfather passed away about 5-6 years ago and it has been sitting in the barn for the most part ever since. Grandma asked if anyone wanted to take it to fix up and drive and I volunteered. It is an 88 as mentioned before, but only has 93200 miles.

Array
    Status
    Noble, OK
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post

I responded with pics and a story but I guess it’s stuck in moderation...

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I read your cool back story Welcome to Mighty Ram 50