Just bought a 87 Ram 50 with the 2.6 manual transmission. Got a hell of a deal and am overall really pleased with how well the truck looks considering its age. Only has 88k original miles! OK back on topic.
So read under the new member page about first things I need to do and agree with them all. This was not mentioned in there and I have questions.
Truck has the original carb which a lot of people seem to be saying to switch to a weber. Currently it starts fairly easy but you have to throttle it to keep it going and it will die otherwise. I don't really want to dump a new carb on it right now, would rather rebuild the OE carb for now and just try to get it running good for now until I can get to that project. Is this even a feasible option given the symptom? The old owner sounds like he may have messed with the mix screw a bunch so I'm not to sure he didn't make the issue worse and I'm not sure where default would be.
I'm not a carb guy and have never really messed with them. I'm a Hyundai tech that only has to deal with HP fuel pumps.