Array
    Status
    Olympia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Auto to manual tranny swap

I have a 1984 Dodge ram 50, 2.6L (g54b) 2wd it is currently an auto (baby A904) and I found a 1983-84 manual 2wd I was wondering what are all the pieces I need to do the swap. I have transmission, clutch pedal assembly, and the shifter. I was wondering if the drive line would swap over and if the clutch is hydro? And anything else I may run into.

Array
    Status
    Olympia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The new tranny I think is from a 2.0 maybe a 2.6 bell housing looks like the same as my Auto

Array
    Status
    Olympia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The new tranny I think is from a 2.0 maybe a 2.6 bell housing looks like the same as my Auto

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    measure from center to center on the 2 lower bolt holes on the bell housing - it needs to be 12.5 inches (narrow block) to work on a 1984 2.6 automatic block. The clutch is cable operated - you will need the cable mount on the firewall as well as the pedal assembly. The transmission hump will need to be modified for the gas pedal to clear, as the auto tranny tunnel is wider than the manual tunnel, and the auto pedal offset will put the gas pedal behind the brake pedal. The gas pedals themselves are reversed position - the manual is to the right of the pedal arm, and the auto is to the left of the arm. you also need a 2.6 flywheel with ring gear, and possibly a manual starter - the auto and manual starters are different. There is a jumper that needs to be installed in the wiring harness to replace the neutral safety switch, or the truck will not start. Finally - the crossmember and front half of the driveshaft are different auto to manual, and the yoke into the tranny may be different.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980