Array
    Status
    Spartanburg sc
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

AC update* 93 MM

Just converted 93 MM from r12 to 134a. changed txv,drier and flushed all the lines/connections with nitrogen.
    removed compressor and drained flushed also,changed all orings.
    using a Mitsubishi fx80 compressor
    used 4 ounces of pag 100 oil and 24 ounces of 134a.
    truck was running 35/40 suction and 175 head at 85-90 degrees outside. vent temps from 42-44 degrees not varying much idling or moving
    cooled great for several days, truck just stopped cooling suddenly going down the interstate, turned it off and drover for another 30 minutes and tried it again and started up fine cooled great etc. I was questing the ac clutch coil getting hot but found pressures running down near 25 suction and 175 head, so im assuming it was going off on low pressures at highway speeds?
    tried adding some Freon and suction didn't come up much and head got up to 250. not freezing up anywhere and is cooling well but suction wont come up. restriction or did I not get all the oil out from the r12 and causing issues?
    any idear or input? thinking and starting over when I get off today and recharging it and see what happens.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    you may have r12 oil reacting with the PAG oil - they don't play well at all, and can ruin the system. Even with a flushed system, use ester oil with converted R134 systems - it won't react to the r12 oil.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Spartanburg sc
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Too late lol, I think it killed the compressor,
    guess I’m on the hunt for a compressor, or have any of you had luck getting them rebuilt?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Ouch. That was just plain bad luck. Food for thought though - I've swapped a NipponDenso compressor into my Gen 1 and have a new condenser and dryer waiting to be set up - but the evap is the original unit. I may need to get it out and flush it with some kind of solvent to get the residual compressor oil out of the system...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Spartanburg sc
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Changed everything again except evaporator, blew out/flushed lines etc. still can’t get suction over 25