Array
    Status
    Pahoa, Hawaii
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Suspension Issue 1988 Mistubishi Mighty Max 2.0L 4-Cyl

Was driving last night and my 88 Mighty Max truck started pulling heavily to the left, drivers side. Issue seems to be coming from tire or suspension system below drivers front tire.

Clunking, scratching noises also on bumps and while driving. Erratic movements in the front left and loose steering. I had to focus to stay on the road and now am afraid to drive it until I sort out the issue. Tried looking at suspension diagrams to diagnose, and while looking under the vehicle I noticed a bushing obviously missing on the drivers side.... this allows for some play where that bushing should be moving it with bare hands.

Not sure if it just fell out or has been like this for a minute. I purchased this truck 4 months ago.

I took a photo of the missing bushing and then the other side (passenger) to compare. I do not know what this part is called, or if it is the source of the described issue. Please help me out on identification of this part, as well as input into what could be causing the issue and if this part may fix that issue! Thanks!

Mahalo from Hawaii
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pahoa, Hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Is this a strut bushing missing? Been looking at diagrams trying to figure it out.

Array
    Status
    Pahoa, Hawaii
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    STRUT ROD BUSHING Mistubishi MR234247 I believe this is the part I need but would like some input from the community... here is a photo of the diagram I derived this guess from.1.gif

Am I correct to think this is causing my issue and am I correct in diagnosing the pictured missing bushing as a Strut Rod Bushing?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Yes you are correct. It's the bushes in collection of components identified as #18 in the parts diagram. I'd be getting new lower control arm bushes as well. The LCA bushes will have taken a hammering without the strut/radius rod bushes bracing the rod in place. They are available in urethane which will help firm it all up. This is what you're looking for -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...QAAOSwhfFbnWLQ
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Check also that your brake caliper isn't locking up. Simply lift the wheel off the ground and spin it. Mine lock up from time to time (for unknown reasons) and require "exercise" (pushing the piston in and out a few times).
    Last edited by royster; 06-21-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.