Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

decided to clean up the outside

I had the front bumper off a while ago and painted it when I finally got a new grill. I decided to go ahead and paint the rest of it since I had the lumber rack off. I just did a quick sand and wipe down (rust reformer on the rust spots) then black primer and clear coat from a rattle can. I still need more clear coat to do touch ups and the inside door jams. I did take the lights off.
    The rear bumper cleaned up nice. I'll wait to replace it since i found out I will have to cut it off (Nice bruise) and get new mounts anyway.
    I'm debating with myself whether I should contact cement those "new" (put on about the time I got the grill) beltlines just for added security because they don't stay on by themselves and the new clips were really rusted when I pulled them off to paint.

pside.jpg dside.jpg rear.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Pretty good for a driveway rattlecan job. Haters can hate until they've tried doing a full respray without all the bells and whistles. Better than scratches and rust!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks Geez. I made a kind of paint booth really a wind break with some scrap lumber some new and some cheap tarps from Harbor Freight. I figure I only lost 4 of the 12 cans to the wind. I really need to remove the bed and do some rust treatment on the frame. But I think the motor and wiring should be my focus for tossing cash in the air now.
    paint booth;).jpg
    Last edited by 85Ram50; 06-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I did a sketchy outdoor respray with a compressor and a cheap gun using enamel. It turned out fine - but the bugs that decided to make friends with it while it was drying really annoyed me lol.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I was lucky no bugs. Plenty of dust to give the clear coat some texture though. Now the inside really looks bad.
    Took her out and washed her and she looks good. Probably should get some wax on it.