Thread: thinking about going with the webber carb..inputs please

Array
    Status
    midlothian virginia
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50

thinking about going with the webber carb..inputs please

so i have to change my head gasket and after taking the carb off today i reallly want to go with the webber carb.... i have read and know that i will need a fuel pressure regulator ....but what would i do with all those hoses that went to the original carb?

( also .... how do you get to the bottom bolts of the intake manifold )

Array
    Status
    salem, oregon
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G52
    I have no idea on the webers, would like to get one soon for mine, but as far the bottom bolts go you're going to need some contortionist skills (if you are taking it off in car). It's frickin' ridiculous, I had to use a wrench, a quarter turn at a time.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    don't use a pressure regulator, you'll blow your stock machanical pump. i got rid of the machanical and went with an electric 2.5-4psi pump. no regulator needed. and yes, the lower intake bolts suck. but just so you know, you don't need to take off the intake to change the head gasket. if your intake gasket needs changing, wait till you get the head off first and then it will be really easy to access the lower bolts. as far as what hoses to remove, check the performance section. i think all you need is the vacuum advance hose but don't quote me.