Thread: Truck starting and idle problems!

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Truck starting and idle problems!

Okay I got the 6g72 12v blah blah my truck has just recently started having an idle problem. I turned the idle screw up a full turn and got it to where it's not gonna fall on it's face. I replaced the timing belt about 8 months ago and the timing is dead on. When I start it in the morning idles perfect, throw it in reverse and it almost stalls. I checked the fuel filter it's clean fuel pump is an aftermarket one. I did a tune up last week. I'm stumped. I checked the vacuum lines and nothing is escaping. If I put this thing in 3rd gear at a 40 roll it will blast up to 85 mph. It's just the idle thing throwing me off. The compression ratio is different because i bored it out. It's a fresh build. I'm thinking about running it by a tune shop. Let me know sorry for the long post! Maybe it's the pcv valve! I'll check that next!! One more thing it starts right up cold no problem. But once it gets to running temperature it takes a minute to start.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'd run an error code check first before throwing money at it. I'll take a wild guess at either a faulty ECU or a bad ignition coil, maybe an O2 sensor or the IAC solenoid is bad or clogged up...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    The check engine light comes on sometimes but it doesn't run any different.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The intermittent check engine light might mean a sensor is going in and out of it's normal operating parameters.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function