Array
    Status
    Rathdrum
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Clutch and other issues

Ok I put a new clutch and throw out bearing in. Now I have no pressure on the pedal. I got under the truck and can move the lever on the trans with my hand. Feels like some thing came apart in the bell housing probably. Also, when I put the trans back in the bearing fell out of the hole for the reverse switch. We noticed something wring when the reverse lights were on when the key was on. I found the bearing and put it in today and the reverse lights are still on. Any idea why the clutch isnt working before I take the trans out again and the only thing I can think of with the lights is they might be plugged into the wrong connectors if that makes any difference. Kinda frustrated with this thing right now.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The clutch fork sounds like it's pulled out of it's carrier. You'll have to pull the gearbox out of the way to check. I did this with a FWD car that I struggled for 2 days to get everything to line up. I finally got jacks and blocks of wood to align it and it slid onto the engine so quickly it nearly took a finger off - only to find the clutch fork had pulled out and I had to start again. The reverse switch isn't polarity sensitive. Unscrew the switch and try actuating it by hand and check the lights.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Rathdrum
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    The clutch fork sounds like it's pulled out of it's carrier. You'll have to pull the gearbox out of the way to check. I did this with a FWD car that I struggled for 2 days to get everything to line up. I finally got jacks and blocks of wood to align it and it slid onto the engine so quickly it nearly took a finger off - only to find the clutch fork had pulled out and I had to start again. The reverse switch isn't polarity sensitive. Unscrew the switch and try actuating it by hand and check the lights.
    Shit I was hoping I had the cable hooked up wrong or something easy like that. Oh well I guess the second time is easier anyway. lol I guess since I'll have it out again I'll take a closer look at the reverse bearing. Thanks!