Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

Black Betty

Hey my name is Jake and I'm from the Midwest. This is my second mighty the first was a 89 4x4 4cyl the latest is my 92 mighty v6 12v with a little Baja taste. I've had this thing for about 5 years and trust me we e had our ups and downs. But I know this thing down to a crack or pop. Trying to fab a long travel suspension cage and a radiator relocate to the bed. I'll post pics and let me know what ya think 😊

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Your truck looks like a beast - very nice. Any mods or tricks hidden under that black exterior? It sounds like you have already started cooking up a plan for the future. As with all noobs, get a thread going, post pics and ask questions!
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    Plus I totaled the front end and you can't even notice. I'll post a pic of the engine bay soon. It needs a good bay bath. First picture is how it looks now minus the yellow lens tint.

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    It has motor work done air conditioner delete stage 3 cams, light weight crank( trying to find an underdrive pulley is a pain) 3 inch exhaust with cat and muffler delete. It's got lights for days, a 12 inch electric fan, fan clutch was removed because I totaled it. Low compression wiseco 10:1 pistons. I wanna do an egr delete but don't know how beneficial it would be. I heard these motors have Cam and ticking problems because the valves and I figure an egr delete would help decrease the carbon build up

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The problem with using a trick cam in a hydraulic valvetrain set up is the the cam lift overrides the hydraulic lifters/lash adjusters. The 4 cylinder engines benefit greatly from a wider duration cam and it's actually recommended that a lift cam is avoided as it will kill power rather than make it. This may be the case for the 6G72, but to be honest there isn't anywhere near enough aftermarket support for the Mitsubishi V6. You however can go all out and do the 3.8 Mivec swap - it is nuts. It was beneficial to ditch the clutch fan as they cause parasitic loss of power and throttle response plus they don't work when you need it most (hot days stuck in traffic...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    This motor runs pretty strong and has a slight lope to it. I had it dynoed at 263 hp with just internal modifications. I have it ready to hold 18 lbs of boost but have no idea how I'm gonna run the manifolds. I'm looking on the threads to find a turbo 6g. If this thing blows I'm just gonna put a sb350 in it.